16.

"She just wants to be loved madly." r.h. Sin

Russell was in the kitchen getting the last pots of food onto the stove to start cooking when he heard the front door open and the boys piling in.

Stepping away from the food and into the living room where he ushered the boys to head upstairs and get cleaned up before dinner.

"Where's mom and Carys?" Carter asked while the others agreed the his question.

Russell just looked their way trying to tell them without causing concern.

In all honestly he was still concerned so how would they not.

"I'll tell you when you come back down." He stated and heading back to the kitchen.

They each looked concerned but if she was with their mom then it can't be that bad they thought.

...

Everyone was seated at the island well except Carys and Aria. Already knowing how their minds are clouding their judgments Russell finally spoke up.

"When we came home today we found Carys in her room on the floor having a panic attack." He spoke clearly although his voice still wavered.

The boys sat straighter and was more attentive as their father spoke.

"Once we got her to slow her breathing a bit we sat with her, staying that way until she was ready to talk. When she did she told us her fear of going to the graduation. Everyone seeing her and knowing she is alive, all those that bullied and tormented her. She's more scared if the fact that she'll ruin your graduation and you'd hate her for it."

The boys sat shocked, not because she was scared but the fact that she thought for a second that they'd let anyone treat her bad again let alone it be them that caused her pain.

She truly doesn't understand the level of love and compassion that have for her. The could care less for attending the graduation if it meant that she couldn't be there supporting them happily. Carys happiness meant the world to them.

Seeing her smile gives them the ability to breath.

"She didn't decide to leave did she?" Carter frantically asked.

They were all thinking it but didn't want to speak it into existence.

"No, heavens no! Aria asked her if she wanted a session and Carys agreed. They've been in ever since." Russell rushed out.

The boys visibly relaxed at their fathers statement.
In all honesty there is no way he'd just let her leave without trying every possible thing to keep her with them. She may not be blood related but he'd be damned if she or anyone would say she wasn't apart of the family.

As their conversation continued they heard the office door open and light foot steps come closer to the island table.

As they entered the room all eyes were on Carys and Aria but mostly Carys. She knew why they all looked at her that way. Normally she'd think it was pity and she hated that but she knew this time it wasn't that.

It was purely out of concern if she was okay.

"I'm okay." She smiled and that was all it took for everyone to relax and eat together as a family.