26.

"Beautiful sad eyes." - r.h. Sin

"Have you found the sick bastard?" Russell spat looking the detectives in the eyes, Josiah more importantly. He was entrusted with so much of the initial investigation that everyone would think he would be on top of things but no.. of course not.

Russell couldn't stand the fact that he put so much trust in someone who he's come to realize isn't even worth a breath of fresh air.

And here he is well kept and living happily while Russells family is being terrorized.

"He's laying low for now, you know were doing our best Russ!" Josiah spoke out looking as hard as he could to see Carys, she was being shielded by Nathan and Isaac while Russell and Carter stood in front with Aria.

"Don't Russ me you piece of shit. They've been back in town for days..hell weeks and you had no fucking clue! are you all incompetent?" Russell was fuming with anger.

He didn't even give them a chance to say anything as he spewed sentence after sentence detailing the lack of competence of those in the department handling this case.

"You probably haven't even pieced together that they are the ones that burned down my wife's office, the so called group you've had your eyes on for years have been under your noses all this time.

I mean they knew we weren't in town, so they easily did it without any problem. so please explain what traps did you set that you didn't even know that they were back huh? My daughter was cornered in the fitting rooms for God's sake."

The veins that were protruding out of his neck was intense. I mean even the captain didn't know what to say at this point.

"Y'all said he was dead... does he sound dead, and then to top it all off y'all couldn't even get to the store in time to get him when Carys did your job for you and had his ass on the ground unable to move for a while. You're sitting here fiddling with your fucking thumbs like it's a game."

"I understand your upset I do but you will not speak to my people this way." The captain spat looking at Russell with disgust.

"No! I'm not upset I'm fucking livid that your people uphold the law when it comes to their family members but so the same for others that lives are just as important." Russell's voice deepened if it was even possible.

He stepped up to the captain not caring the consequences because they all knew he was right. In no way shape or form could they dispute his claims because they literally had nothing to show for the event that took place.

They'd be luckily if they didn't looks their jobs over this. Especially the captain for leading his team in such a way.

"Let's go, we'll handle this on our own." Russell said in a calmer tone looking at his family. They all walked our hearing the captain make his claims of how much of a bad idea it was and that if anything bad happened he couldn't help them get out of it.

"What's the different, you ain't did a damn thing for us anyways." Aria spoke up joining hands with her husband as they walked out.

...

A few days later

"No, this can't wait! Do you not know you have an identical twin out there?" Nathan rasped as their mother paced the living room.