Chapter 1- Moving to Forks

As the sun slowly rises up from the east, the more I wish it will just go back. But apparently, it's not going to happen. This is the day my family and I will move to a small town in the state of Washington named Forks, where it always rains. I really don't mind the rain. I really don't mind the weather, I just hate the idea that I have to start all over again, like meeting new people, school stuff and very... good neighbors (That's how Mom calls them but Alice calls them as "I-Want-To-Know-Everything-About-You-Like-It's-My-Business" type of neighbors). I just wished this day had never come.

Just then I heard my mother call out for me and Alice to come down and have breakfast. My mother, Esme, is really ecstatic about moving to Forks. It means she has another interior designing project to do. But anyway, she's really good at it and knows how to bring style in a house.

I slowly rise up from the bed, take a quick shower and change on some casual clothes that I had already prepared last night since my other clothes were already packed. Finally, I go downstairs and go to the kitchen. Alice, my twin sister, was already there talking to mom about the house we bought in Forks. Like Esme, Alice is a very enthusiastic pixie-like girl. She's an unstoppable force of nature and a major shopaholic. But I really love her as my sister, she really knows how to help me in every situation.

As I sit on the stool near the counter, they both greet me a "good morning" and they continue their conversation while I have my breakfast.

"Oh my God!" Alice squealed, "I really love that color scheme idea. It's a mixture of nature and elegance."

"Yes, it is a good idea since the house is on the outskirts of town and is actually in the forest away from other houses," Esme commented. Really? Like we're isolated? Great! No more I-Want-To-Know-Everything-About-You-Like-It's-My-Business type of neighbors. That's one bad thing gone.

"Anyway, you should all put your bags in your respective cars. We'll be leaving in two hours." Esme said.

I hastily finished my breakfast and instantly went to my room to get my bags and put them in my silver Volvo. I'll be taking my Volvo while Alice will take her yellow Porsche and our parents will take the black Aston Martin. Yup, we'll be leaving convoy-style. It's a seven-hour drive from Vancouver to Forks so we'll be leaving at 7 am.

Two hours later, we were all set and ready to go. We all started our engine and my father, Carlisle, will take the lead, followed by Alice then me.

While driving, I start to think about the positive things about moving to Forks, just to see the bright side of it. I realized that I and my cousin, Emmett, could finally catch-up with each other since he and his family moved to Forks four years earlier. Although, he loves to tease me and he was like the older brother that I never had.

☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻

After three hours, we already passed the Canadian border and reached Seattle earlier than we expected. We just stopped by to have lunch. After eating, Alice came up to me.

"Hey, Edward! I want you to accompany me to the gift shop over there." She said while pointing to a shop beside a bookstore. A bookstore, just what I needed.

"Sure Alice, but I'll just accompany you to the entrance of the shop. I have something to buy at the bookstore." I replied.

"Ok!" she agreed.

"Mom, Dad, Alice and I will just go to the stores to buy some things," I said, turning to my parents.

"Oh sure, we'll be in the parking lot. Don't take too long. We'll be leaving in 30 minutes." Esme responded.

"We'll be there before that," Alice said.

We left the restaurant and went to the gift shop. As Alice enters the shop, I walk in the bookstore. I search the novel section to find something interesting to read. I found two novels that both have a very interesting and intriguing preview. The titles are "The White Rose" and "The Last Wish" which are both written by the same author. As I was about to go to the cashier to pay for the books, I accidentally bumped into a girl who was reading a book entitled "Wuthering Heights".

"I'm sorry, I didn't see you there." I apologized.

"It's no big deal, I'm sorry too, I'm just clumsy." Said the girl not meeting my eyes, maybe out of embarrassment, I guess.

I stare at her and observe her appearance. She is a brunette with pale skin and brown eyes. She looks beautiful.

"It's ok." That is all I can manage to say. She looks up still not meeting my eyes and smiles at me before going to the cashier, paying for the book and leaving the store. Not that I'm exaggerating but she has the most beautiful smile I have ever seen... so far. After I realized that I was just standing there and still looking at the door where she left, I finally came to my senses and went to the cashier to pay. When I leave the bookstore, Alice just comes out of the shop. We go to the parking lot where our parents are waiting for us.

We drove for another two hours and finally reached Forks. The town is really small and wet. The population is really little too. As we drove through the streets, all eyes stared at us. Well, I can't blame them for that. It's a small town and almost everybody knows everybody. If I was a legitimate resident here, I will definitely stare at the three expensive cars that are obviously moving into town. In a town like this, most of the people here are desperate to get out of here. Of course, it's weird for them to see urban people moving in this town. But still, it's none of their business.

Our convoy turned to a road leading towards a mountain through a forest. I was happy we live in a secluded place away from others. Our cars stopped at the front gate of a mansion. Yes, you heard it right, a mansion is where we are going to live. It was a three-story house full of glass. We parked our cars in a massive garage.

As we enter the mansion, it was well-painted and seems very elegant in structure even without furniture. I have to admit it's a place fit for royalties. As we climb the stairs to the second floor, we saw six huge rooms and three bathrooms. We decided that these rooms should be our activity rooms like a library, a game room or like Alice preferred a fashion room. The third floor has seven bedrooms and seven bathrooms. Carlisle and Esme chose the room near the stairs. Alice chose the room at the far west of the floor since she loves a good view of the sunset while I took the room in the far east since I like to see the sunrise.

When I entered my room, it was huge and has a glass door that leads to the balcony. I also have a massive closet that I bet Alice will fill up with brand new clothes in just one week or less. I really like it. Soon I will fill my room with my collection of books and CDs.

After a few minutes, Carlisle called me out to help him bring the furniture and appliances to the mansion. Ok... so let the decorating and arranging begin.