Chapter 12 - Doc

"Delta Four to all Alphas, Sinclair Pack is under attack. Fifty wolves are 5 minutes away, headed straight for the Mate Meet."

"Grace, you stay with the children in case it's a decoy to get to them." I wouldn't put my money on it, but Grace still needs to be cleared for fieldwork.

"I have them. Go!" She headed out to the school to get the older ones. They would all return to the nursery, which is well-guarded.

I checked my weapons and tossed a ring in the air, focusing on my father's link. It opened to the field at the edge of the Sinclair Pack, and I could see two others open.

"Our allies whose pack touches my land on the East are en route, and my warriors will be here within 2 minutes." Blood Alpha Sinclair said to my father.

"Any idea who they are?" he responded.

"If I were a betting man, I'd say Blood Alpha Sands since they are heading straight for this spot."

"Leah, as soon as they are close enough, find out if they are under an Alpha command or here against their will." My sister nodded and headed in the direction of the approaching wolves.

"Doc, protect them." He pointed to the structure where Nicolas would have met Kayla.

Inside were the 2 of them, holding each other and standing by the doorway. They were speaking to an older couple standing on the other side.

Nicolas turned to me as I approached, and the others stepped back.

"Alpha One," he nodded to me.

"Just can't stay out of trouble," I complained. "Did you seal the bond, or must I keep you there?"

"We sealed it," he responded.

"Congratulations! Sorry to say your celebration is being delayed." I turned to Kayla. "Remember me?"

"Yes, I do."

"Good. So you know I'm not a threat, right?" Kayla nodded. "Good." I turned to the other couple. "Her parents?" They also nodded.

At that moment, I realized I hadn't lowered my Alpha aura and did so.

"Sorry about that. Can I put the four of you over by the north woods?" They all seemed able to breathe again and moved to where I indicated.

I stepped over to the structure and opened my power. I pulled the water from the ground to create a puddle and then made two figures from ice. This should keep them busy.

"They are all under an Alpha command, and most are actively trying to fight it," Leah stated through our link.

"Piece of cake," I said out loud and looked over to my father.

"Blood Alpha Sinclair, Leah states an Alpha command is involved. Once they reach the clearing, I can dissolve it and get proof of who sent them. I don't want to kill any, if possible, since they may not have had a choice. Would you agree to this?"

I know pack wolves and killing any who enter their land with intent to harm is normal. I checked my senses, and they were gaining ground quickly.

Leah was now behind them to block any retreat. I looked around, and all three Alpha rings were still open, and our people included four Alphas, four Betas, and my father, not including Nicolas.

The Sinclair warriors coming through the trees numbered about thirty. This will get bloody very quickly if we refrain from interfering.

"Alex, please. They could have mates under duress." My father said softly.

"If they attack, we will kill them. If you can stop it before that happens, you are free to do so."

"Thank you, Blood Alpha Sinclair." Through our link, I heard, "Leah, on my command, we hit them from front and rear."

"Understood." She said.

I turned back to Nicolas. "Can you shift?"

"Not until given permission."

"Can old Saint Nick shift?" I asked my father.

"No. He'll kill anyone who gets near Kayla."

"Sorry, old boy, you're grounded." I chuckled.

Nicolas just held Kayla tighter and stared toward the oncoming enemy. She held onto him just as tightly. I hope it works out for them.

I turned back just as my father released his aura to total volume. All the wolves, except for the other Blood Alpha, backed up. I could feel they were all Alphas and Betas except for Kayla's mom. She was holding on tightly to her Alpha mate and breathing hard.

"Ready, Leah?"

"Ready."

"3, 2, 1, now."

I heard both of their voices speaking in unison.

"You will disregard all Alpha commands given to you!"

Most of the wolves stopped dead in their tracks. A few fell to their knees. But five kept going, heading straight to the structure, destroying it in seconds.

Once they realized no one was in it, they looked around and saw the Mahani portals and all the warriors advancing.

They knew instantly they were not surviving this day and did what most wolves do when faced with their oncoming death. They made the instant decision to take down anyone they could. Typical.

These stupid wolves still didn't realize Elemental Alphas surrounded them.

Leah pulled her powers as I did mine. The earth below their feet suddenly turned soft and sticky, their paws sinking. Ice formed around them as they started yelping and trying to get away.

Nope. Not today.

The advancing warriors stopped and stared as the five enemy wolves slowly sank into the ground, their chests and shoulders covered in ice.

I smiled as I turned back to my wards to see how they were taking this sudden turn of events.

What I saw made my day.

"Hey, Dad, you know you released your Alpha command, right?"

Standing before Kayla and her parents was Nicolas' wolf, in all his glory.

He was guarding his mate!

More warriors were arriving from the east end of the destroyed structure. They also stopped and stared.

Our people were rounding up the wolves that had stopped. Leah walked up to them and grabbed one by the throat. Silence reigned for a few seconds as her eyes glowed before she let go.

"These men are all rogues. Blood Alpha Sands captured their families and gave them an Alpha command to attack."

She then walked over to the five we stopped and did the same thing.

"These are Bloodthirsty. They just like killing." She said sadly.

"What is going on?!"

The question came from the head of the warriors who just arrived. I wasn't sure who was supposed to answer... so I did.

"Hello, Evan."

*******

I know you will figure out who Evan is pretty quickly...
--April