Chapter 59 - Alex

As I leaned in to kiss my Luna, a shout went up.

We were under a full attack. This differed from my cousin's mate meet, with only fifty wolves. This was a whole pack, which meant hundreds. People in my pack were going to die today.

I focused on my mate since Lachlan had informed me of his new-found intuition and the plans he and his mate had set in place.

"Victoria, I know you are a warrior, but I must keep you safe until the mate bond settles. My sanity will not allow anything else."

Before she could respond, I kissed her. I felt the mate bond seal, and her emotions started to flow through. Her nervousness over meeting me and her fear of rejection was easing, and her protectiveness over her new mate was gaining strength. This was not a time to be under attack. We would kill our own pack members to get to each other.

"Give me an update!" I yelled through the link to my Beta.

"The Sands pack is closing in. Both Montross and our warriors are ready. I advise you both to stay in there, but I know you won't."

His reply was followed by Alpha rings opening, one after another, all across the field. I glanced around and saw the Lunas and lower ranks being loaded into several vans to be taken to safe rooms.

"Victoria, I need you to go to the safe rooms." She was already shaking her head.

"I am a warrior and a damn good one. I can stop others from dying today. I will never run again." Her voice showed her confidence, and her stance showed she meant business. My wolf was proud to have such a mate, but we just found her.

"Victoria, ple--"

The shouts prevented me from finishing, and she gave me a quick kiss before running out of the structure. I was one step behind as we saw the wolves coming over the hill into the valley below us.

We had only a few more minutes before they would arrive. I wrapped my arms around my mate from behind and felt the tingles from every spot we touched. It was easily the best moment of my life. And the worst, I thought as I watched the wolves gaining ground. At least they will be tired when they arrive. The Sands pack doesn't border my land, even though he is part of our Interpack, or was--until his daughter was killed by the packs involved.

Blood Alpha Cooper walked up to me slowly, gauging my reaction. "We are here to help if you approve." Victoria tried to take a step back, but I held her tightly.

"Are they under an Alpha command?" I asked him.

"Yes. Well over half of them are fighting it, but there are too many to try and absolve it at once." He paused as he looked around. "If we can separate them from their Blood Alpha, that would help. He can give commands as fast as we absolve them."

"Is he with them?"

"Yes. He's in the rear in human form, riding on the back of an Alpha wolf." I was happy to hear that. 

Today is the day he dies.

"Victoria, this is Mahani Blood Alpha Sam Cooper. Sam, this is my mate and Luna." My pride shone through with my words.

"Pleased to meet you, Luna Sinclair. Now, let's get you out of harm's way." He was thinking the same as me.

"I'm not leaving. I am the head female warrior of my pack. I am fighting with the rest of you." Her words had a finality to them, and I knew I could not get her to back down. I debated giving her an Alpha command as we watched the wolves coming closer. They will work until we are fully mated. She turned to look at me.