Chapter 30 - Lachlan

I awoke in my bed with a heavenly scent surrounding me. My wolf pushed my nose into the blanket before noting someone else in the room.

I cracked open my eyes to see my sister's mate sitting by the door. Nicolas had a phone in his hand, and I could hear music from a popular game. I'm guessing he's been here a while.

"How do you feel?" He said, looking up at me as he laid the phone face down on his lap.

I didn't take the question lightly as I knew he meant it and was paying close attention to me.

"A bit lost. Now that we've met, I want her beside me." My wolf pushed my nose back into the blanket again. It must be hers.

"That is normal for a situation like this," Nicolas said as he leaned down, putting his forearms on his knees. "Since we will discuss your mate quite a bit, can we nickname her?"

It was a good idea, and I thought for a minute but was having trouble coming up with one. I tossed away the obvious ones like 'red' or 'baby'.  I want something original for my mate.

"Does she have a nickname already?" I asked as I remembered most Littles do, from what I know of them.

"She does. Most of the tribe called her Elf as she was growing up. I call her Bluey, which is Australian for a redhead."

"They don't call her Elf any longer?"

Nicolas' smile was wide. "She's Alpha Three now. The three Elementals are numbered by age."

"I like Elf. What are you allowed to tell me about her?" I said cautiously as I stretched out on my bed.

Nicolas sat back and glanced around the room. I have ample space for a single wolf, with an oversized box bed made from walnut in the center of the far wall. On one side wall is the matching dresser, while the other has a fireplace. Beside the dresser is my desk, and he was currently in my chair, which he had pulled over by the door, which is the farthest point from me.

I wonder if he did that for a quick getaway.

"Since you've had her dreams, you know what happened to her. So I was permitted to tell you whatever you want, except her name."

"How about we start with how she was kidnapped?" I was angry about that. How did they get my girl?

"She wasn't kidnapped. She was sold."

My wolf growled low, a menacing sound that I ultimately agreed with.

"What do you mean, sold?"

"I better start at the beginning. Elf was born into a pack. When she was about two and a half, her teachers declared her a prodigy. They went to their new Blood Alpha to get funds to educate her properly. He knew there was a Mahani about seven generations back in her bloodline because people still talked about it. He ordered a blood sample and passed it on to some people he met at the university he had gone to. You see, the previous couple of Blood Alphas had bankrupted the pack several times, asking the Council to bail them out. He had been told going in that the pack would be disbanded if it happened again."

"He sold her!" I interrupted. "Which pack?!" My demand had my wolf's voice as well as my own.

"Let me finish. The Blood Alpha set it up to look like a rogue attack. He killed her parents, and they took Elf away. He got half a million for her. During the next six months, she was never harmed as she passed from one person to another until she reached a big auction where she was purchased for three million. That was where her nightmare began.

"All of the children in that ring were not only rented out to these men who abused them but were all conditioned not to eat solid food. All of the children were wolf pups, so they could go longer than a human without eating. They were given one small protein drink per day in a bottle. If they ate any solid food, they were beaten until they threw it up. Sometimes, they fed them purposely and beat them to reinforce the training. All of the children rescued had growth problems and eating disorders."

"You still haven't told me the name of the pack." I had big plans for that Blood Alpha. The Mahani may not kill, but I do.

"I'm getting there. The Blood Alpha went through the money quickly, squandering it. He contacted his friends again within six months. He sold off children of rogues they captured and children of people who went against him within his pack.

"About two years after he sold Elf, he decided to see what the lure of these children was about. He had no mate to feel the pain and had slept around in college. I'm sorry to say that he raped one before selling it and found he liked it. He decided to take one of an Omega's daughters as his sex slave. She was three."

My stomach started churning, and if there was anything in it, it was coming back up.

"The Omega had mated into the pack, and her mother knew something was wrong by how her daughter was acting, and she begged her own Blood Alpha to contact the Mahani. Thank the Goddess, she persisted over several months, and he finally did. The first check of their finances sent up several red flags. Within a day, the pack was raided by the Council with the Mahani.

"What they found was horrifying. The Blood Alpha and his underlings all had children as sex slaves, and everyone in the pack had been given Alpha commands, stopping them from helping the pups in any way. The pack was disbanded, and all the men involved were sentenced to death. The Council members killed them on site."

I was relieved that Elf's Blood Alpha was dead but angry that I didn't get to kill him.

"How did they find my mate?"

"He kept records, believe it or not. The Mahani found them and went after each child sold, with the added help of the Council. Elf's was the last to get to because it was in the upper echelon of society, taking several weeks to locate and break up. There were fifteen children in that ring, and none were adoptable. The Mahani raised them all. Two chose to become Mahani. The others became Lone wolves, and over half now work for TALE."

My memory sparked something from my youth. There was a pack everyone was talking about. The talk flared up again right around my twentieth birthday because of the influx of officers joining TALE.

Judging by when my nightmares started, Elf was around a year younger than me. I did the math quickly, and my eyes widened as my stomach turned violently.

"She's from the Dommer pack."

*******

I know that was a lot of info! Sorry!
--April