011. hook man

"Your, uh, half-caf, double vanilla latte is gettin' cold over here, Francis." Dean calls to his brother, the three at an outdoor cafe.

"Bite me." Sam sneers, sitting down.

"So, anything?" Dean asks.

"I had 'em check the FBI's missing persons data bank. No John Does fitting dad's description." Sam says. "I even ran his plates for traffic violations."

"Sam, I'm tellin' ya, I don't think dad wants to be found." Dean says. "Check this out." He shows the laptop to Sam. "It's a news item out of Planes Courier. Ankeny, Iowa. It's only about a hundred miles from here."

""The mutilated body was found near the victim's car, parked on 9 Mile Road."" Sam reads.

"Keep reading." Dean says.

""Authorities are unable to provide a realistic description of the killer. The sole eyewitness, whose name has been withheld, is quoted as saying the attacker was invisible.""

"Could be something interesting."

"Or it could be nothing at all. One freaked out witness didn't see anything? Doesn't mean it's the Invisible Man."

"But what if it is? Dad would check it out."

+++

They pull up to a fraternity house.

"One more time, why are we here?" Sam asks as they get out of the car.

"Victim lived here." Dean states. They walk up to a group of guys who are fixing a guy. "Nice wheels. We're your fraternity brothers. From Ohio. We're new in town. Transfers. Looking for a place to stay." Dean grins.

"What's with the chick?" One of the guys ask.

"His girlfriend. Clingy." Dean says. Miranda smacks Dean in the arm.

They walk through the house.

They walk into a room where a guy is standing in front of a full length mirror and he's only in shorts, every part of his body but his back painted purple, aside from the lines he painted on his face.

Dean knocks on the door, getting his attention.

"Who are you?" The guy asks.

"He and I are your new roommates. She's just visiting." Dean says.

"Do me a favor? Get my back. Big game today." The guy says, holding the can and paintbrush out.

"He's the artist." Dean points back at Sam. "Things he can do with a brush."

"Wha-- no, she--" Sam points to his girlfriend.

"No, no. It's him." Miranda says, walking over to stand by the window.

Sam reluctantly takes the can of paint and brush from the guy as Dean sits in a chair.

"So..." Dean looks at the name the magazine he picked up is addressed to. "Murph. Is it true?"

"What?" Murph asks as Sam starts to paint his back.

"We heard one of the guys around here got killed last week." Dean says.

"Yeah." Murph mutters.

"What happened?" Sam asks.

"They're saying some psycho with a knife. Maybe a drifter passing through. Rich was a good guy." Murph says.

"Rich... he was with somebody?" Sam asks.

"Not just somebody. Lori Sorensen." Murph states.

"Who's Lori Sorensen?" Dean asks. "You missed a spot. Just down there on the back." He tells Sam. He glares at Dean who conceals his grin. Miranda smirks in amusement, looking out the window.