066. siren

Miranda is on a case with Sam and Dean. She had been staying away from them for a bit, stating she needed a break from hunting, but Sam knew that she really just wanted a break from him. Bobby agreed to watch Carly for a few days, the eleven month old back at his place.

"Why does the PD keep sending you guys? I already said I don't want a lawyer." The guy says.

"They're lining up the firing squad." Dean says.

"I'm pleading guilty." The man states.

"All right, look, you don't want us to represent you, that's fine. In fact, it's probably not a bad idea, between you and me. We just wanna understand what happened, that's all." Dean says.

"Mr. Benson, please." Sam says.

"What happened was I killed my wife." He says. "You wanna know why? Because she made plans without asking me."

"Now when it happened, how did you feel? Disoriented, out of control?" Sam asks.

"Like something possessed you to do it?" Dean asks.

"I knew exactly what I was doing. I was crystal clear." Mr. Benson says.

"Then why'd you do it?" Dean asks.

"I don't know. I loved her. We were happy." Dean puts some papers on the table.

"Nine G's. That's a hefty bill." 

"Where did you get that?" Mr. Benson asks.

"Doesn't matter." Dean says. "We have it. See, certain charges, ones you don't want the missus to know... they show up under shady names like 'M & C Entertainment.'"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Like dropping plastic at a nudie bar for instance."

"We just wanna know the truth, Mr. Benson." Sam tells him.

"Her name was Jasmine." Mr. Benson says.

"She was a stripper?" Miranda asks.

"Dude, her name was Jasmine." Dean says.

"Jasmine's a semi-common name, dumbass." Miranda whispers.

"I didn't mean for it to happen, I don't like to go to strip bars. My buddy was having a bachelor party and there she was." Mr. Benson says.

"Jasmine." Sam says.

"She came right up to me. And... I dunno, she was just... perfect. Everything that I wanted." He says.

"Well, you pay enough and anybody will be anything." Dean remarks.

"It wasn't about the money. It wasn't even about the sex. It was... I don't know. I-- I don't know what it was. It's hard to explain."

"And your wife found out?" Sam asks.

"No, she never had a clue."

"Then why'd you kill her?"

"For Jasmine. She said we would be together forever. If... if only Vicki was..."

"Muerte." Dean mumbles under his breath.

"Afterwards, me and Jasmine were supposed to meet and she never showed. I don't know where she lives, I don't know her last name, I don't even know her real first name! I'm an idiot."

"And you didn't think to tell this to the cops?" Sam asks.

"What for? The stripper didn't do it. I did it. And I know what I deserve. The judge doesn't give me the death sentence, I'll just do it myself."