069. castiel's vessel

They're at the motel and Jimmy is practically devouring a burger and some fries.

"You mind slowing down? You're gonna give me angina." Dean says.

"I'm hungry." Jimmy defends.

"When's the last time you ate?" Sam asks.

"I don't know. Months." Jimmy says. He takes another bite of his burger, continuing to eat it, letting out moans of delight.

"What the hell happened back there? It looked like an angel battle royale." Sam says.

"All I remember is a flash of light and I, uh... I woke up and I was just, you know, like, me again." Jimmy says.

"So, what? Cas just ditched out of your meat suit?" Dean asks.

"I really don't know." Jimmy says.

"You remember anything about being possessed? Anything at all?" Sam asks.

"Yeah, bits and pieces. I mean, angel inside of you, it's kinda like being chained to a comet." Jimmy says.

"Ah, that doesn't sound like much fun." Dean says.

"Understatement." Jimmy states.

"Cas said he wanted to tell us something. Please tell me you remember that." Sam says.

"Sorry." Jimmy says.

"Come on, what do you know?" Dean asks.

"My name is Jimmy Novak. I'm from Pontiac, Illinois. I have a family." He states.

~ ~ ~

"So, what do we do?" Sam asks, the three standing outside the motel and Miranda is holding Carly.

"What do you mean? The guy's got a family. We buy him a bus ticket, send him home." Dean says.

"I don't know about that. He's the only lead we got." Sam says.

"He doesn't know anything." Dean says.

"Are you 100% about that?" Sam asks.

"You think he's lying? What, you wanna go Guantanamo on the guy?" Dean asks.

"Maybe he doesn't even know what he knows." Sam says.

"Huh?" Dean asks.

"I say, at least we get him to Bobby's. Maybe all he needs is hypnosis or a psychic. Or hell, maybe Cas will just drop back into him." Sam says.

"I don't know, man." Dean says.

"Dean, back there, that was angel-on-angel violence. Now, I don't know what's going on, but it's big. And we can't just let the only lead we got just skip out." Sam says. Dean shakes his head. "What?"

"You remember when our job was helping people? Like, getting them back to their families?" Dean asks.

"You think I don't want to help him? I'm just being realistic. I mean, hell, we're doing him a favor." Sam says.

"How?" Dean asks.

"Guys, if we want to question the guy, you can damn well bet the demons do, too." Sam says.

~ ~ ~

"The hell are you talking about, I can't go home?" Jimmy angrily asks.

"There's a good chance you have a bullseye on your back." Dean says.

"What? From who?" Jimmy asks.

"Demons." Dean states.

"Come on, that's crazy. What do they want with me?" Jimmy asks.