070. isolated

Bobby, Miranda, and Dean are in the living room and listening to Sam screaming. Miranda's fingers are digging into her scalp, her eyes tightly shut to try to tune him out. Bobby pours three glasses of whiskey.

"How long is this gonna go on?" Dean asks.

"Here, let me look it up in my demon detox manual. Oh, wait. No one ever wrote one. No telling how long it'll take. Hell, or if Sam will even live through it." Bobby says. The phone rings and Bobby picks it up. "Hello. Suck dirt and die, Rufus. You call me again, I'll kill you." He hangs up.

"What's up with Rufus?" Dean asks.

"He knows." Bobby states.

Miranda gets up and quickly walks out of the house, slamming the door shut.

+++

"This is pathetic." Sam looks up at Miranda.

"Randi--" He tries.

"I mean, look at you. You've been denying secrets for months, you keep lying... and look where all of that got you. Locked in a tiny ass room like a poor little shelter dog."

"You know, if you had just stayed at Stanford -- or stopped being so desperate for big brother's approval, this could've all been avoided. We could've gone back to school and had normal lives. But you just had to get sucked deeper and deeper into your shithole of a family. You had to give in to your urges. God, I can't believe I had a kid with you."

"Randi--"

"Her dad's a monster. A freak. And if she ends up like you, can you imagine what's gonna happen to her?"

"No." Sam starts to panic. "No. No, you wouldn't do anything to her, no matter what."

"Well, hey, if she ends up as a monster like her daddy... monsters need to be put down." Miranda says.

"No!" Sam yells. "No. No." He whimpers. "She-- she's just a baby and-- and even with my blood, she-- she hasn't done anything. She won't do anything."

"You know, unless somebody else gets to it first... I'm gonna kill Ruby... and then I'm gonna kill you." Miranda leans close to him, pressing her face against his. "And that'll be two less monsters in the world."

+++

Miranda goes down to the basement.

"What are you doing?" Dean asks, following her.

"I'm letting him out." Miranda states.

"No, you're not." Dean denies.

"Yes, I am." Miranda states.

Dean grabs her and slams her against the wall.

"Dean, this is not helping him. Getting him off the demon blood? I'm all for that. But the isolation isn't doing anything but hurting him more." Miranda states.

"It'll work." Dean says.

"No, it's not working! This is just you being an idiot little bitch like you always are!"

"Fine. You wanna be with him so bad?" Dean tightly grabs a fistful of her hair making her whimper.

"Dean, let go of me." She tries to get him off of her.

Dean unlocks the door and opens it before throwing her in, Miranda landing on the floor.

"Pretend it's your honeymoon." Dean slams the door shut and locks it.

"Randi." Sam rushes over to her. "Hey, hey." He helps her up. "Dean!" He pounds on the door. "Dean, what the hell are you doing?!"

"Keeping her from doing something stupid!" Dean yells back.