042. fugitives

"This is the stupidest idea on planet earth." Miranda states.

"I know." Sam says.

"And you're going along with it? Just because it's Dean?" Miranda questions.

"I just-- there is a monster there." Sam says.

"So? Let Deacon fucking handle it. You stay here." Miranda says.

"Baby, I-- I have to go." Sam says.

"Yeah. Besides who doesn't wanna date an ex-convict?" Dean chuckles.

"Shut up, Dean." They both tell him.

"Look, we will be out as soon as we can. And I will be back here and you can scold and bug me all you want." Sam says.

"Why can't we figure something else out?" Miranda asks.

"Because we don't have time. And you know you can't go because it's a guys only prison, Randi." Sam says. "So you will be safe at Bobby's, far away from us and any police."

"If you don't come back--" Miranda warns.

"I will." Sam promises, cupping her face. "I will." He kisses her on the nose.

+++

Sam and Dean are sitting in the cafeteria and have food. Dean is chowing down while Sam stares at his food in disgust. He has his spaghetti on his fork and he sniffs it, grimacing. Honestly, he'd much rather eat any of Miranda's burnt cooking than this.

He frowns a little as he thinks of her, praying that this plan actually works and he can be with her again.

"You know, this chicken isn't half bad." Dean comments.

"Great. Finish mine." Sam pushes his tray away from himself. Dean grabs his chicken. "All right, so let's go back over this, Dean." The two start talking about the case.

+++

Miranda is in the spare room at Bobby's and lying in bed and she looks up when the door opens.

"My little fugitive." Miranda smiles.

Sam groans, walking towards her. He immediately plops onto the bed, lying partly on top of her and he buries his face in the crook of her neck.

"Hi." She strokes his hair. "I missed you, too. You okay? You get hurt?"

"No. No, I-- I'm physically fine. I'm just tired. Dean's a fucking idiot."

"Well, I coulda told you that." Miranda says. "You didn't happen to bring him back, did you?"

"Yes. He's downstairs." Sam says.

"Aw, man." Miranda whines making Sam quietly laugh.

"Hey, you know what?"

"What?"

"I think... that I wouldn't mind if you made literally anything. Even instant ramen, I'm okay with. Even if you burn it." Sam says, pressing gentle kisses to her neck.

"You want me to cook?" Miranda asks.

"Mm-hmm." Sam nods.

"Okay, are-- are you sick?"

"Honestly, anything you burn has got to be better than prison food." Sam says making Miranda giggle.

"Okay, okay. I'll burn some eggs for you in the morning." She laughs.

"Thank you." Sam sighs in relief, kissing her.

"Mm. Did you really have to bring Dean back, though?" She asks.