080. zombies

Sam drank demon blood during the brothers' last case, Dean locking him in the panic room once they got to Bobby's.

"I'm sorry, have we learned nothing? The panic room isn't helping him." Miranda says.

"Would you shut up?" Dean groans. "What, you think I wanna do this?"

"I don't think you're using any brain cells. I think all the alcohol you drink has killed every last one." Miranda says, going to the basement.

"Miranda, stop!"

"No! He's my boyfriend and I'm gonna do what I think is best for him and that is to not treat him like a fucking dog."

"People go to rehab all the time."

"Yeah, but they're usually not stuck in solitary."

"Miranda--"

"If you try to stop me, I will castrate you and then shoot you and let you bleed out so slowly, you'll wish you were dead."

"What psycho raised you?"

"Fuck off."

Miranda goes to the panic room and opens the door.

"Miranda--" Dean grabs her shoulder and she turns, punching him in the face.

"I'm helping him get better in hopefully a more effective way, dick." Miranda shoves Dean into the panic room. She grabs Sam's arm and drags him out. "See how you like it."

"Miranda!" She slams the door shut and locks it before Dean can get to her. "Hey!" He shouts, banging on the door. "Miranda, let me out or I swear I'm gonna kill you!"

"You'll be dead before you can leave a fucking scratch!" She yells back.

"Randi--" Sam starts.

"Hey. We'll just hang out in the bedroom, okay? I'll do whatever it takes and keep you just a little less stressed because I'm sure being trapped somewhere doesn't help shit."

+++

Sam got sober again, the hunters back in Sioux Falls on a case.

"Bobby, listen, when you get this message, call! Okay?" Sam ends the voicemail.

"Is he still not home? How far could he get in that chair?" Dean asks.

"So, what do we do?" Sam asks as they walk into the diner, Miranda holding Carly.

"Well... guess we just do it ourselves." Dean says. They walk to a table and sit down across from a man, squishing into one side of the booth. Sam gets squished in the middle, Miranda sitting on the edge of the booth with Carly on her lap. "Mr. Wells, why don't you tell us what you saw in your own words."

"Call me Digger." He says.

"Digger? Who gave you that name?" Dean asks.

"I did." Digger states.

"You gave yourself your own nickname? You can't do that." Dean says.

"Who died and made you queen?" Digger asks.

"Okay. Uh, why don't you just tell us what you saw?" Sam suggests.

"I saw Clay Thompson climb into Benny Sutton's trailer through the window. Couple minutes later, Clay walked out, and Benny's dead." Digger says.

"And, uh... is this the guy you saw?" Dean asks, holding up a picture.

"Well, he was all covered with mud, but, yeah. That's Clay." Digger nods.

"And you are aware that Clay Thompson died five years ago?" Sam asks.

"Yep." Digger nods.

"And you're positive that it was this guy?" Dean motions to the photo.