7

"Do you know who she was?" asked Chris, to everyone in the group i.e Lana, Aaron, Lisa and Evan.

"Who exactly are you talking about?" Asked Aaron.

"The assassin girl who was standing in the same place and killed the two presidents and also Abigail." explained Chris.

There was a confused look in everyone's face, except Lana.

"uh...Kris." said Lana with a pause.

"Oh! I have heard about her, and some rumours. Isn't she the Top most assassin?" Aaron said, with a confused look, everyone of them were confused because of the sudden question, Chris asked.

"Yes, and can you describe the rumours?" asked Chris with a questioning look.

"Well, there's actually two things that I heard, first one, that she belongs to a family with a real bad reputation, and then because of her abusive parents she ran away, and got into a Mafia Centre." he said nodding to himself.

"And the second one?" asked Chris.

"well umm, she is a lunatic, she kills without mercy." Aaron said.

"Hm, Lana, why do look so blue, and how are you so sure that its Kris?" Chris asked turning to face her.

"Well, I met her in the washroom, and had a chat with her." she said, ignoring the first  question.

"Okay." Chris replied with a consideringly suspicious look, and added,  "Well,  we should go now."
_______________________

In the mafia house

"Kris, Kris,  are you alright? You have been ignoring everyone!" said Peter, "Even me.." added with pout.

Kris still ignoring him, turned to look at her side and saw a servant coming in their way.

He stopped in front of them, "Sir,  wants you both in his room." he said, with a bow and left them.

Kris stood up,  and went straight to Lucifer's room, while Peter kept bugging her, "Kris, Kris,  Kris,  look at me,  Krissssssss!!!"

"Shut up." Kris said and glared at him with her cold gaze.

He looked at her, and blinked a couple of times, but ended up following her with a pout.
_________________________

In Lucifer's office

"Oh,  welcome our Top assassins?  Aren't you?" He said taunting them.

Peter felt ashamed of it,  it felt more shameful as they were getting insulted in from of there juniors.

However, Kris, who already was NOT in the good state, stared at Lucifer, and poked her tongue against her cheeks, one of the very common thing she does whenever she is mad.

"I chose YOU both for the mission because I thought you'd kill all the four presidents, with their securities, and none of the witnesses except the agents should survive, Did anything similar to what I wanted happened??" Lucifer said, with his outrageous voice, and bloodshot red eyes it was the first time one had actually seen him get mad, he would always go joking around with the members in the clan.

"What?  ANSWER ME." Yelled Lucifer.

"We-well, we did kill the two presidents.." he said scratching his neck, and biting his lips.

"And An Agent?" he said reminding them.

To which Peter just nodded.

"But did I ask you to kill any of the agent?" asked Lucifer, getting no reply,  he looked at Kris, "Answer me Kris."

"I killed whoever got in my way,  it was that girls fault that she got in the way of my gun and got shot, instead of the other two presidents, after her body fell at the ground the other two presidents were already taken to a safe place, by the bodyguards." she said,  "And then what you wanted me to do,  get caught? Rot in jail?  Well dream on." she ended with a scoff.

"Okay,  forget that , But  why in the motherfucking world were you staring at that agent through the whole fucking fight?" Lucifer asked with a questioning face.

She glanced at the junior standing at the room, and Lucifer knew something wasn't right, so skipped the question thinking of asking it later,  and asked, "Well,  did you atleast get the key?"

To which Peter nodded with a huge grin in his face.

"Mm, atleast everything didn't go to waste." He commented.

And said everyone could go,  except Kris.

"So? "

"That agent,  I.. I think I know her.. " she said not making any contact with Lucifer, whenever she isn't sure about something she would never make eye contact with the other one.

"And who do you think she is?" asked Lucifer, in his fatherly voice,  he always took care of Kris like his own daughter, Kris would share everything with him and his son.. Oh yeah, son,  his son who ran away a year ago, since then he always felt something of him is gone.

"Lana.. " Lucifer blinked a couple of times, and then realization hit him, he widened his eyes, all the memories since the day that incident happen to everything rushed into his mind.

"Well,  its great that you found her!" he said with a sweet smile. More than the bad memories he still remembers the times when Kris told him stories about her and her best friend, how they panned to tattoo together,  and how they did piercing, without their parents consent, and how they would run away every night, to enjoy and count the stars.

"I am still not sure,  it's her." she said, finally looking at him in his eyes.

"Than,  find out what are you waiting for? Just if you put your this dumb mind in use you will find her in no time." he said encouraging her,  though he was also insulting her.

"Mmm.." she stood up,  and glanced at Lucifer once again, "And those two presidents I'll get them." and she left with a smirk.

Leaving Lucifer, with a smile but it took only 3-4 minutes for him to drown in his thoughts the time when he and his son played around but everything changed when his wife passed away,  he got way busier with his work, and wasn't able to give anytime to his son. And one-day he returned home to just see his son wasn't there, but he found a letter which read.
_________________________