𝙲ի𝛼⍴եᥱ𝑟 3

Marinette told he wait outside for her in the car. She doesn't want to risk her parents seeing her bring someone else into the house despite the fact that they've been neglecting her.

She is currently on the phone talking to the only other person out of the small amount that cares for her.

"I can still come over early. I can just tell my teachers that there's an emergency back home or something,"

Marinette shook her head, "no, you can't do that. You're over there for a reason and I'm not going to get in the way of that,"

"You're more important to me than school Mari. It's mainly the sports programme I'm here for anyway,"

"And like I said, you don't need to come here early. I'm fine. I have Tikki, Felix and Kagami. I'm not totally alone,"

"I still don't like this. I want to be there for you,"

"It's ok. I promise. If anything worse happens, I will tell you," she said

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. Now I need to go. I have plans this evening and I'm in the middle of getting ready,"

"Ok ok. But call me later when you can alright?"

"Will do. Bye!"

Marinette put her phone down and looked at her calendar. Only a few more days and being in the house won't feel so lonely. Sure, she has Tikki, but human interaction is also nice and she isn't getting it from her parents right now.

She then pulled out the picture that was hidden behind the one of her and kagami at the beach.

She smiled at the four year old version of herself alongside a similar looking boy next to her. Both of them are dressed in traditional Chinese clothing. It was the first time she had been to China.

And the boy next to her was her older brother by two minutes. Her twin, Marin Dupain-Cheng. And the favourite twin no less.

Marinette and Marin have always been close. They were typical twins with similar interests and skills. They both liked art, fashion, music and sport related activities. Marin was more into football and played a bit of basketball. Marinette was more into tennis and gymnastic. Both were equally good with parkour and track.

However, Marin moved to England to attend a sports academy and continue his secondary school education there too. He's a very skilled football player and hopes to play in the big leagues. He's doing well for himself and could be scouted at any time.

Marinette is proud of her brother. That's also why she tends to be reluctant to tell him about what's going on with her and the troubles Lila has caused. She never goes into full detail because she worries that Marin will just drop everything he's worked for and move back and she doesn't want that. She's built a successful career, (despite her identity being hidden to the world apart from a select few) so it's only fair that she allows him to do the same for himself. Has she wanted him home more often? Absolutely. But she's not that selfish.

She's not too sure what he'd do if he found out she was being neglected at home alongside the bullying at home. The last thing she wants is for her brother to get akumatized because he's angry for her and she'll then have to fight him.

No one else knows that Marinette is a twin besides Nino and Kim but they never brought it up to anyone and neither did she. Marinette plans to introduce Marin to Felix and Kagami during the spring break when he comes over. He'll be two days early since school closes earlier for them in England.

Marin knows that she's Ladybug. She told him after the miraculouses got stolen and she broke down while she was on FaceTime with him and told him everything.