𝙲ի𝛼⍴եᥱ𝑟 9

Marinette stepped through the front door of her home, her mind already racing with thoughts of the homework she needed to tackle. She'd had a long day at school and wondered how she'd deal with being alone tomorrow.

She entered the bakery which was busy with customers and planned to go straight upstairs to her room as usual. Kagami and Felix would be coming over later so she wanted to just chill out until then.

She wanted to catch up on her assignments and maybe even work on some new designs for her fashion blog. With a sigh, she placed her bag on her desk and began to unpack her schoolbooks.

Just as she was about to sit down, a voice from behind made her freeze in her tracks.

"Marinette?"

She turned around in surprise, her heart pounding, and her eyes widened at the sight that greeted her. There, sitting on her windowsill with a bright and mischievous grin, was Marin, her twin brother. She didn't even notice or sense him in the room!

"Marin?" she gasped, her voice tinged with disbelief and delight.

Marin's grin widened as he hopped off the windowsill and walked over to her.

"In the flesh," he said, wrapping her in a warm, brotherly hug.

Marinette couldn't believe her eyes. Marin wasn't supposed to be home until tomorrow. Their parents had never mentioned that they were going to the airport to pick him up. The surprise was too much for her to process.

"How... how did you get here?" she stammered, pulling back from the hug to get a good look at her brother.

"Mama and Papa picked me up from the airport of course. I wanted to surprise you. I guess they had the same idea since they came without you,"

Marinette knew that wasn't the case. Her parents just don't go anywhere with her but Marin doesn't know that. Regardless, she wouldn't let that diminish how she's currently feeling. She's just happy that her brother is home.

Tears welled up in her eyes as she hugged Marin again, this time with even more warmth and gratitude.

"I can't believe you're here," she whispered.

Marin squeezed her tightly. "I missed you, sis. I had to come back early to see my amazing sister."

Marinette wiped away her tears, her heart feeling lighter.

Marin took a step back and chuckled, "My goodness you've shrunk!"

Marinette pouted, "shrunk? No, you've just gotten taller!"

"Meh, maybe a little,"

"A little?! You're about as tall as Felix is," marinette deadpanned.

"Felix? That one guy you've told me so much about?"

"Yes," marinette blushed, "he's... he's actually my boyfriend now,"

Marin's eyes widened, "no way, really?"

"Yeah. We went out on a date and then made it official yesterday,"

"I'm so happy for you. But now I really need to meet him," Marin said using his protective brother tone.

"You aren't gonna try and scare him off are you? Not that it would work anyway," marinette asked, folding her arms.

"Of course not. Just wanna make sure he treats my sister like the princess she is," Marin replied, ruffling her hair.

"Hey!" Marinette said, swatting his hand away, "Felix is actually coming over later and I don't wanna have to redo my hair,"

Marin raised his hands up in surrender, "Ok, ok. Is your other friend, Kagami coming over too then?"