𝙲ի𝛼⍴եᥱ𝑟 27

The next day at school, Marinette couldn't shake the nervous knot that twisted in her stomach. With Felix by her side, their hands intertwined, she found a source of comfort in his presence.

Entering the classroom, Marinette couldn't help but notice the collective hush that fell upon her classmates. All eyes turned towards her and Felix, the air thick with a mix of shock, fear, and curiosity. The absence of Adrien didn't surprise her, considering the recent revelations about him and his father.

As Marinette scanned the room, her surprise grew. Branded words were still visible on the palms of her classmates, a stark reminder of the pain they had caused her over the past two years. The accusations, the betrayal, and the blind trust in Lila had left an indelible mark.

The silence was loud, but Marinette refused to be daunted. With Felix by her side, she held her head high, not sparing her classmates another glance as they made their way to their seats.

As breaktime approached, Marinette braced herself for the confrontation she knew was inevitable. With Felix beside her, the two carved out their own corner, away from the prying eyes and judgmental whispers. However, it didn't take long for Alya, leading the group, to approach them.

"Marinette, we need to talk." Alya began, her expression a mix of regret and determination. "We–"

Marinette raised a hand to stop her. "Save it, Alya. I don't want to hear apologies right now."

Felix, protective and unyielding, added, "A simple apology doesn't erase everything you've put her through."

Alix spoke up, "But we didn't know that Lila was lying to us!"

Felix scoffed, "So? You believed her, didn't you? You all believed and trusted her so easily, never giving Marinette the chance to defend herself. And don't even get me started on the physical harm you caused."

"And that's why we're here to apologise and ask for forgiveness. Can't you see that?" Alya replied, almost sounding desperate.

Marinette shook her head, and her eyes hardened even more. "You put me through too much."

"But... but what about us?"

Marinette's head turned to the short-haired blonde, her tone nearly as sharp as Felix's. "What about you, Rose?"

"L-look at our hands. There was no cure that got rid of them. What we went through when you were akumatized... And all of our parents have given us punishments too after seeing everything... don't you think that we–"

Felix scowled, causing Rose to hide behind Juleka, "If that's your reason as to why she should forgive you right now, I suggest you come up with something else. Be grateful that's all you were left with. She and Marin, especially Marin, could have done much worse,"

Alya let out a frustrated huff. "Why are you even speaking for her anyway? This is a conversation between Mari and us."

"Marinette. Not Mari," Marinette corrected, "and none of what Felix is saying is wrong. I have no plans to forgive you guys right now. And if I do ever forgive you, we won't ever be friends again, regardless. Now, please... Just me alone,"

Dejected, their classmates left the couple alone, knowing that nothing that they could do would change Marinette's mind. And deep down, each of them knew that they deserved it after what they'd put her through because of their misguided trust in Lila.

End of the week: spring break

As the news of the akuma attack and the revelations about Lila, Gabriel and Adrein continued to spread like wildfire, Marinette found solace in the fact that justice was served and that all the Miraculouses were safe. The truth was out, and those who had manipulated and harmed her were now facing the consequences of their actions. The public reaction, as seen on news channels and trending blog pages, was a mix of shock and vindication.