𝙲ի𝛼⍴եᥱ𝑟 17

Lila stood in front of her mirror, carefully applying her makeup and getting ready for another day at school. Her thoughts, however, were far from her morning routine. The events of the past day had left her in a state of shock and uncertainty.

Yesterday, when she had watched the broadcast about the akumas known as Shànyīn and Èguǒ, Lila had been taken aback. The fact that Marinette, the girl she had always envied, had finally been akumatized pleased her immensely. She had harboured a deep resentment for Marinette for years, and seeing her finally giving into Monarch's power brought a twisted sense of satisfaction.

It was about damn time.

But what had truly shocked Lila was the revelation that Marinette had a brother, Èguǒ. She had never heard a word about him from their classmates or anyone else. The news of their sibling connection had blindsided her entirely. They looked alike, no doubt. No one would have a reason to doubt their conection with each other. But she didn't buy it.

'It must be a trick. Maribrat doesn't have a brother. Everyone knows she's an only child.'

As Lila adjusted her outfit, she couldn't help but feel uneasy about the situation. Even though she had been instrumental in Monarch's plan to akumatize Marinette, she hadn't anticipated her apparent brother also becoming an akuma. Their declaration of bringing justice to those who had wronged them had left her with mixed feelings.

Despite her uncertainty, Lila couldn't deny the satisfaction she felt at the thought of Monarch finally succeeding in his plan to akumatize Marinette. It was a significant step toward her goal of defeating Ladybug and Chat Noir and gaining the wish she had been promised.

With a confident smile, Lila finished getting ready for school. She was convinced that Monarch would ensure her safety, considering her role in helping to achieve his desired outcome.

—----------

Walking up to a group of her classmates, including Alya, she greeted them with a cheerful smile. "Hey, guys! Have you all seen the news about the akuma?" she asked, trying to sound casual.

"Oh yes, we were just talking about it! Marinette actually got akumatized!" Rose said with a shocked look on her face.

"I can't believe she got herself akumatized," said Sabrina, "I also can't believe the heroes haven't caught them yet,"

"Yeah, I spotted Ryuko at one point yesterday during my evening run. But I've seen no sign of Ladybug or Chat Noir,"

"Well, Chat Noir isn't a surprise. He hasn't been seen in battle in ages," said Max

Adrien quickly glanced at Max before looking down at his phone again. He had been scrolling through the news too. He had been stunned to find out that Marinette was one of the akumas. He never would have guessed she was one of them and he never expected her to get akumatized. She was the only one in their lass besides Felix who hadn't been akumatized yet.

Lila's eyes twinkled with feigned surprise as she continued, "Did any of you know that Marinette had a brother?" She turned to Alya, who was standing nearby, and asked with a hint of excitement, "Alya, did you know about Marinette's brother? You were her best friend after all,"

"No, Lila, I had no idea. I was just as shocked to hear about it on the news yesterday. I mean, if Marinette had a brother, why wouldn't she mention it to us?" Alya's voice was filled with genuine surprise and curiosity.

The rest of the class chimed in, expressing their shock and bewilderment over the revelation. The news of Marinette having a twin brother was clearly a surprise to everyone, and it sparked a wave of speculation and discussion among her classmates.