𝙲ի𝛼⍴եᥱ𝑟 26

A couple of hours later, Marin and Marinette made their way back to the bakery. They had no reason to go back to school, as they knew that everyone would be sent home, and Marinette wasn't ready to face her classmates yet. The atmosphere was tense, heavy with the weight of revelations and decisions that would shape the future. Marinette's nerves were obvious; she didn't know what to expect, how her parents would react when they returned, or what the aftermath of their akumatization would entail.

Marin, however, was not merely nervous—he was irritated, angry even. Finding out how their parents had treated Marinette based on Lila's lies had left a bitter taste in his mouth. He didn't even face them while akumatized. He knew that, despite everything, Marinette would not have wanted him to harm them. He would never understand her reasoning, but he respected her wishes. As they approached the bakery, he could feel the simmering anger within him, fueled by a protective instinct for his sister.

Upon entering the bakery, the twins found Tom and Sabine waiting for them. The atmosphere in the room was heavy, and the parents' faces displayed a mix of worry, remorse, and guilt. The screens, which had captured the entire ordeal, were a silent witness to the akumatization of their own children.

The room fell into an uncomfortable silence until Marin broke it, his voice low and laced with anger. "You believed Lila over your own daughter. You mistreated her based on lies. How could you?!"

Tom and Sabine exchanged guilty glances, realising the gravity of their mistakes. Sabine spoke first, her voice shaky with remorse. "Marinette, sweetheart, we had no idea. We never meant to—"

Marin interrupted, his tone stern and unforgiving. "Oh, save it! You've neglected and mistreated her for two years. You are also part of the reason she was akumatized. She couldn't come home to you to seek comfort after going through hell with her damned class. Do you even realise just how much pain you caused her? Do you?!"

Tom and Sabine could only hang their heads, unable to refute the truth in Marin's words. The revelation shattered their preconceived notions and exposed the consequences of their misplaced trust in Lila.

Marinette stood beside Marin, her eyes downcast but her resolve firm. She had endured enough, and Marin's protective fury resonated with her own feelings of betrayal.

After a tense silence, Marin took Marinette's hand, leading her upstairs away from the prying eyes of their parents.

Marinette looked at her brother, confusion and concern etched on her face. Marin took a deep breath before he spoke. "I can't let you stay here, not after everything that's happened. It isn't healthy for you either. You deserve better, Mari."

Marinette's eyes widened in surprise. "What do you mean?"

Marin explained, "I've made arrangements for you to stay with Jagged. I spoke to him while we were akumatized if you're wondering. It's not safe for you to be here. Our parents need to reflect on their actions, and you need a break from all of... this."

Marinette was taken aback by the sudden decision, but as she looked into Marin's eyes, she saw a determination that she hadn't seen before. "But, Marin, I—"

He cut her off gently. "Mari, you don't deserve to be treated like this. I can't stand seeing you hurt, and I won't let it continue. It may have been different if I hadn't been attending school abroad. You'll be better off with Jagged, and once things settle down, we can figure out the next steps. Yeah?"

Marinette let out a soft sigh. She knew her brother was right. She shouldn't have to remain in a home where the two people who should've been by her side turned on her.

With a small smile, she nodded, "alright Marin,"

Once Marinette was ready, Marin led her outside, where an Uber was waiting to take them to Jagged's house.