𝙲ի𝛼⍴եᥱ𝑟 25

Shànyīn's scream pierced the air, a gut-wrenching cry filled with anguish and disbelief. Her world seemed to freeze for a moment as her eyes widened in shock and horror at the sight before her. Argos, the one she loves, stood there with a shard of glass protruding from his chest.

The world around him dimmed as he struggled to maintain his balance. He coughed, and his vision blurred as his strength waned. He stumbled backwards, the shard embedded in his flesh, blood quickly staining his clothes. Shànyīn's eyes widened in horror and in an instant, she rushed to his side, catching him in her arms, cradling him in her lap.

"Why did you do that?!" she cried out, struggling to understand Argos' action, "I-I could have stopped her myself!"

Argos coughed again, his breathing laboured, and he managed to whisper, "I'll always do whatever it takes to protect you, no matter what. I love you, Shànyīn." Blood seeped from the corners of his lips as he continued, "I should have told you... Gabriel is Monarch. Maybe... this wouldn't have happened."

Shànyīn's teary gaze shifted to Nathalie, whose expression displayed no remorse for her own actions. She had targeted Shànyīn but had accidentally struck Argos. The bewildering lack of emotion in Nathalie's eyes, even in the face of what she had just done, only added to the chaos in Shànyīn's mind.

Before she could focus on healing Argos, another swarm of butterflies was sent in her direction. Monarch took advantage of Shànyīn's moment of agony, striking them both in quick succession. Shànyīn's anger intensified, and her tears mixed with her rage.

With her free hand, Shànyīn summoned a doll that replicated Nathalie. Holding the doll tightly, she swung it with immense force, sending it crashing into the ground with a deafening impact. The sheer power and speed of the throw caused Nathalie to drop to the floor, her glasses cracking, and blood pouring from her nose.

"Nathalie!" Monarch cried out. His gaze shifted from the fallen Nathalie to Shànyīn, a look of anger and disbelief etched across his face.

Forgetting that he was in a battle with Èugǒ, Monarch was about to charge at Shànyīn but was held back by an invisible force.

"Leave her alone you heartless bastard!"

Driven by a powerful mixture of anger and protectiveness, Èugǒ wasted no time and lunged at Monarch. The two engaged in a brutal physical struggle, with fists flying and blows landing. Èugǒ landed punch after punch to Monarch's face, his knuckles connecting with an audible impact. His punches carried a ferocity that reflected his determination to protect Shànyīn and to bring an end to Monarch's reign of terror.

With Monarch now bloodied and bruised, Èugǒ hoisted him over his head, displaying his superhuman strength. With a growl, he threw Monarch into the nearby wall with a resounding crash. The impact left the wall cracked and Monarch groaning in pain as he slumped to the ground, disoriented and battered.

But Èugǒ wasn't done. His fury knew no bounds. As Monarch tried to regain his composure, Èugǒ closed the distance between them and sprang into a powerful flying kick aimed at Monarch's stomach. The force of the blow was astounding, sending Monarch crashing through the wall with tremendous power. Bricks and debris were sent flying in all directions as Monarch was propelled through the wall.

As Èugǒ dealt with Monarch, Shànyīn clung onto Argos, who lay bleeding and barely conscious in her lap, her dress now stained with his blood. With one hand, she held him close, her touch gentle, her heart aching for the pain he endured. In the other, she summoned her powers to fend off the relentless swarm of malevolent butterflies.

Her mind was a whirlwind of disorientation. She wanted to protect Argos, to heal him and save his life, but she also couldn't allow the butterflies to get near him.