𝙲ի𝛼⍴եᥱ𝑟 20

Argos had left the school. He transformed and escaped using the hole that was in the classroom ceiling. He left as soon as the twins had left the room. He met up with kagami ina secluded spot.

Argo's heart raced as he poured his concerns out to Ryuko. The weight of the situation pressed down on him, and he couldn't help but feel a mixture of frustration, guilt, and worry for Marinette. The stress of the situation was evident in his voice as he continued to explain the events unfolding at school.

"I don't know what to do. Marinette and Marin are at school, and they're... they're dealing with our classmates." He paused, running a hand through his hair, his agitated pacing causing the shadows to flicker across his face. "I tried talking to them– to Marinette at least. They claim to know what they're doing and that they aren't under Monarch's control but... I'm worried Ryuko. I don't want to fight them, especially Marinette. But at the same time, our classmates... they've been bullying her for so long, and a big part of me thinks they deserve whatever's coming to them."

Argos's internal struggle was etched across his face, his features contorted by a mixture of anger, sadness, and helplessness. "The worst part is that she's using the power Monarch gave her, and it's tearing me apart. I never wanted this for her, but she's using it to get back at the class for everything they've done to her." His voice cracked. "I wish I'd been at school two days ago. Maybe then Marinette wouldn't have... wouldn't have become what she is now. She wouldn't have become Shànyīn and Marin would not have become Èguǒ."

"Argos," Ryuko began softly, her crimson eyes filled with empathy. "I understand your frustration. We both care deeply for Marinette and Marin, but remember, it's Monarch who turned them into akumas. They're not acting of their own free will and–"

"But they are!" said Argos, raising his voice.

Ryuko was taken aback by the sudden rise of his voice and what she heard, "t-they are? Are you... are you sure?"

"Marinette... she said they know what they're doing. They asked Monarch for ultimate power. I doubt he knew exactly to what extent. They seem very aware and aren't being controlled. She wouldn't lie about something like that,"

Kagami sighed, her grip on his shoulder tightening. Her worry for the twins only deepened but she knew she also needed to comfort and reassure Argos. "We need to find a way to reach out to her, to remind her of who she really is. Marinette is still in there somewhere, and we can't give up on her. We'll find a solution, together. I promise,"

Meanwhile...

"C'mon Plagg, hurry up. We need to get back to DuPont as soon as possible," Adrien said as the kwami ate his cheese.

"Don't rush me," Plagg grumbled, "this still isn't something you should get involved in,"

Adrien rolled his eyes, "You scold me for 'not being involved enough in fights' but when I decide to take action, that's when you tell me to stay back? Get serious Plagg,"

"You're about to go head-on into a fight with two very powerful akumas and not even for the right reasons!" Plagg shot back.

"We aren't going to talk about this again," Adrien said, holding up his fist, ready to transform despite the fact that Plagg was not yet done.

But just as Adrien was about to complete the transformation, he crumbled to his knees, agony gripping him. The pain was unlike anything he had ever experienced, coursing through his body like a relentless storm.

Plagg's eyes widened at the sight. He almost choked on the cheese that was in his mouth when the blonde suddenly cried out and collapsed.

He clenched his arms and chest, gasping for air as searing pain lanced through him. Adrien's vision blurred as words etched themselves onto his arms and chest, and his heart felt as if it were being squeezed by an invisible force. The cruel words, "enabler," "traitor," and "coward," now adorned his skin.

In the mirror, Adrien saw the word "coward" etched across his chest. He tore off his shirt, staring at the word as if it were a grotesque scar. Tears welled up in his green eyes, and his voice quivered as he whispered, "No... This can't be happening."

—---------------------

The whole class, like Alya, Nino and Kim had experienced the excruciating pain of the brands etched onto their skin by the twins. Anyone branded by Shànyīn through the use of her dolls suffered longer while those branded by Èguǒ suffered with more pain. But their collective disbelief and determination to place the blame on Marinette persisted, like a thick fog that refused to dissipate.

With a malicious smile on his face, Èguǒ approached the trembling students who lay on the classroom floor. Their cries of agony echoed through the room, along with occasional pleas for mercy. Èguǒ leaned down, his tone dripping with sarcasm as he addressed them. "So, you still think my sister is behind all of this out of jealousy? Even after all this pain, you believe she'd do this out of spite?"

Alya couldn't resist hurling insults at Shànyīn, her belief in Marinette's supposed malevolence still unwavering. "You can try to change our minds all you want, but Your actions, Maribrat, have hurt Lila more than anyone else here! You can't erase that! You're nothing but a stupid, jealous little bi–."

Shànyīn's eyes flashed with fierce anger at Alya's audacity. Without hesitation, her hand shot out, delivering a sharp and stinging slap to Alya's cheek. The sound of the impact reverberated through the room, leaving a momentary hush in its wake.

Alya's hand immediately flew to her stinging cheek, and her eyes widened in shock. she saw a little bit of blood on her hand and she realised that Shànyīn's nail must have cut her. The slap had been so swift and unexpected that it had temporarily silenced her. A burning mark of a handprint reddened her cheek

"What's the matter with you?" Shànyīn's voice was filled with a mixture of anger and frustration but the tone was scarily calm.

Èguǒ had watched silently and smirked, "tch! You'd think Lila is a witch that has you guys under a powerful spell. You are not the victim here. You are the tormentor, the one who inflicted pain on my sister without remorse."

"W-what is this? Some... some kind of revenge?" Max asked.

"You still believe did all of this is out of spite and jealousy. It's time you learn the truth," Shànyīn said. "We are here for justice."

In the midst of the chaos and pain, Lila remained hidden in the locker room, watching with bated breath as her classmates suffered. She was aware that the twins had not yet exposed her, and she saw this as an opportunity to further manipulate the situation to her advantage. The thought of facing their wrath was terrifying, but Lila had always been adept at weaving tales to protect herself.

Lila's cunning mind raced, trying to come up with a way to exploit the chaos and potentially turn the situation in her favour. She couldn't rely on Monarch right now. She had to handle this on her own.

She realized that once her classmates had been dealt with, the twins would undoubtedly come for her next. Lila knew she had to prepare her defence carefully and make herself appear as the innocent victim of their wrath, despite being the root cause of all the pain the class had endured.