Chapter 17

I see a rebel with strawberry blonde hair and tan skin standing over Ivy. Ivy is laying on the floor in a tattered blue gown tied up and mouth covered. Her body is covered in cuts and bruises. Her black hair covers the right side of her injured face. Ivy looks over to the door. Her dead eyes widen and light up as she sees me. The rebel turns around.

"Oh-ho-ho... Look who's shown up." His voice is deep and cold. His green eyes hold no light. It would be far-fetched to call the creature in front of me a human. It's a monster in a human shell. He smiles sinisterly and slowly walks towards me. I speak through gritted teeth:

"You're fucking dead."

I swing at him slashing through his cheek and down his chin. He yells out and thrusts a dagger toward me. I step back and he charges at me again. I spin around him and land a strike right on his back. He turns and swings his dagger down at me. As I step to the side to avoid his attack he spins and thrusts his dagger at me again. I use my sword to deflect and I push him down. The whole house shakes as he hits the floor. I drive my blade through both of his legs. The rebel screams and lays on the floor. I kick his dagger away from him, pick it up and run over to Ivy.

"IVY! Ivy my love are you okay?!" I pull off the restraint around her mouth. I see Ivy's eyes tear up, "Zilla..." I hold her face, "It's okay darling I'm here now." I brush her hair out of her face.

"Wait-"

But Ivy's warning is too late.

A gasp leaves my mouth and my hand drops.

Where Ivy's right eye used to be there is now a bloody gaping hole in her head. My hand shakes as I raise it back up to hold her cheek, "Ivy..."

"It's fine... I'm okay."

"No Ivy, this is not okay."

"Hey, it was my bad eye anyway."

Her small joke makes me lightly chuckle, "Don't make me laugh now, darling."

Ivy smiles at me, "Watcha gonna do? Take my other eye?"

I hang my head and unwillingly laugh, "I love you, Ivy but Jesus."

I feel Ivy shrug, "I know you like the idea of me being tied up but do you think you can untie me now."

I glare at Ivy, "Not the time darling."

I untie her and she stands up, "Where's your sword?"

"Right here my love," I hold out my sword, "Why are you-"

Ivy suddenly takes my sword out of my hands and walks over to the rebel. She lifts his head by the hair and looks him in the eyes, "Looks like I'm the one with the toys now."

His face makes an expression that seems like a mix of fear and anger, "Y-you wouldn't kill me. I was curing you. I was helping you! And- and I never meant to seriously hurt you I-"

Ivy drives the sword into his neck, "Gaslighting doesn't work on me anymore. You and I are not the same. Yes, you didn't kill me. But I will gladly kill you." Ivy twists the blade, "I'll see you in hell, Victor. And don't worry. I'll kill you again there."

Ivy pulls the blade out of his neck. He moves his mouth as if to say something but then goes limb. The final signs of life leave his eyes and he breathes no more.

I walk up behind Ivy and hug her. "It's okay Moonflower, It's over. You made it out."

Ivy's voice becomes rough, "Not yet. Ugene is still here." She turns to me, "I need to find my weapons."

As if planned Lily and Celeste run into the room, "Your Highness we found Ivy's weapon-" They stop and stare at Ivy.

Luna is the first to speak, "Y-your majesty! Are you okay?!"

Ivy shakes her head, "I'm... I'm fine guys. Let's not worry about my eye right now." She walks up and takes her weapons from Celest, "Thank you, guys. I see you came along to help?"

"Well, we weren't going to just let our Queen run off again after finding her passed out in the woods."

Ivy spins to me, "WHAT?!"

I quickly grab her shoulders, "Darling we will talk about this at home. I'll tell you the whole story. But right now we need to leave. We can wipe out the Tulips later. You can't be fighting like this."

Ivy opens her mouth and I put my finger to her lips, "I'm not letting you fight like this." I turn to the twins, "Hurry, let's get out of here." I pick up Ivy.

"I can walk you know!"

"Can doesn't mean should, love."

Celest nods, "Come on. Let's get out of here."