Chapter 1

"I'll try this one on quickly." Rose told Finn, nodding towards the dressing room. In her hand she held a multi-colored jumpsuit. "I'll be quick." She promised.

Finn nodded. Rose disappeared into one of the stalls and closed the door. Finn waited for a moment, before switching on his phone and flicking through Instagram. Plugging in his headphones, he played a song, tapping his foot to the beat. A minute passed, and he sighed. "What is that girl doing?" He muttered.

Out of the corner of his eye, someone stood, looking around the room in a way that caught Finn's attention. It was a woman, and she didn't look to be much older than Rose. The woman checked something on her phone quickly, and glanced around the room again. She looked worried, and Finn approached her to make sure she was okay.

She looked up at him, and her eyes widened in a mix of surprise and recognition. She pulled her phone up quickly, angled at Finn, and began hurriedly typing. Finn narrowed his eyes slightly. "Did you just take a picture of me?" He asked, trying to appear friendly. The woman looked up at him and back at her phone. She began typing fast again. "Excuse me?" Finn asked gently. "Are you okay? Can I help?"

The woman looked back at her phone, turned it off, and put it away. She rummaged through a bag, and took out a folded sheet of paper. She thrust it at Finn quickly, stood close, and hissed "Do not open this in front of anyone else. You will regret it." Finn took the paper, and without a word, the woman disappeared as quickly as she had arrived, leaving Finn confused and wanting answers.

Finn looked at the folded sheet of paper in his hand, wondering what it said. He was about to open it, but remembered the woman's words. It seemed more like a threat than anything else. Finn checked behind him, Rose was not there. He went into a toilet cubicle and stared at the paper, unsure what to think. He took a deep breath and without another though, unfolded it. Scrawled on the paper was just two sentences.

'Poe will meet you behind the church at 11:30pm. Do not be late.'

Finn didn't know what to do. Did he assume that this was all a joke and ignore it, or did he show up to the church to meet Poe? Finn was still staring at the note when he heard a faint voice calling his name. When he did not respond, the calling got louder. "Finn? Where are you?"

Finn suddenly remembered Rose. He stuffed the note in his pocket, and called "Yeah! I'm coming!"

He opened the stall and left the bathroom to see Rose standing outside, looking at a pair of baggy trousers.

"Are you alright?" Rose asked, seeing how wide-eyed her friend was. "You look like you've seen someone get shot."

Finn forced a laugh. "I'm fine. Did you get the jumpsuit?"

Rose shook her head. "Didn't fit." She looked at her watch. "Hey! It's 6:30 already! We better get going." Finn nodded, still thinking about the letter. Want me to walk you back?"

Rose smiled. "Thanks." The two of them left the shop, Rose glancing at Finn. "Are you sure you're okay? Do you wanna tell me anything?"

Finn smiled sadly but shook his head. "I'm good."

"Would you tell me if something was bothering you?" Rose asked quietly.

"Of course!" Finn insisted, but he was met with a skeptical look.

"But you wouldn't tell me about your sketchy new friend?"

Finn raised his eyebrows. "What sketchy new friend?"

"Poe? The guy who wants to meet you behind a church at like midnight?"

Finn stopped walking. "How do you know about that?" He asked slowly. Rose handed him his note. "This fell outta your pocket."

"Rose, that was supposed to be a secret. You can't tell anyone about this until I figure out what's going on."

Rose stared into his eyes, looking for an answer. Instead, she squeezed his hand and said, "Be careful, Finn. I'll keep your secrets, but promise me you won't get hurt."

Finn gave her a half smile. "I'll do my best."

Rose looked behind her. "Well, this is my house. I'll see you around, Finn."

Finn nodded. "See you. Look after yourself."

Rose stared at him. "Why did that sound like goodbye?" She asked quietly. When Finn didn't respond, she said, "Don't go see this guy. I've got a bad feeling about him."

"A bad feeling?" Finn asked.

"That I might not see you again." Rose said quietly.

Finn's eyes widened slightly. "What do-"

"Finn. Promise me you won't see this guy."

"I.."

"Please." Rose insisted.

Finn sighed. "Fine. I promise."

Rose smiled. "Thank you. I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Maybe. Text me." As Finn waved goodbye, he knew that there might not be a tomorrow. He felt horrible going against a promise to his best friend, but curiosity had gotten the better of him and he was determined to find out who it was waiting for him. He wanted to know what was going on.