Chapter 2

Finn was sitting on his couch in his apartment watching TV, eating a takeaway pizza. He felt sick to his stomach as it got later and later into the night. He checked the time, and his heart sank. 11:00. Time to go. Finn stuffed another slice of pizza into his mouth and got to his feet, turning off the TV. He put on shoes and turned off all the lights, so that he wouldn't have a huge electricity bill when he came back.

If he came back.

"When the hell did I get so paranoid?" Finn muttered to himself.

Making sure he still had the note, he pulled his jacket around his shoulders. He walked out the door, closing it firmly behind him. As he walked through the dimly lit street, he began to wonder what would happen if he didn't come back. There would be one less cashier working at his local fast food restaurant, until someone replaced him. His boss would most likely send him lots of angry emails, demanding to know where he was. After a day or so, Rose would most likely alert the authorities about his disappearance. The police would look for him for a bit, until they either gave up or found his dead body.. Finn shuddered at the thought. "I'm not going to die." He said quietly. "What is wrong with me today?"

A large shadow loomed over him, and Finn looked up to see the church. Surrounding the church was a graveyard, and Finn shuddered. It seemed like death was a recurring theme today.

Finn walked through the church, careful not to step on the graves. Behind the church was a small forest. Finn took a deep breath and peered round the side.

There was nobody there. Finn sighed. Great. So this entire thing had been a joke. He laughed quietly to himself. He had been so paranoid for nothing. As he turned around, he almost collided with a figure standing behind him. Finn screamed, caught unaware. The figure grabbed him and clamped a gloved hand over his mouth. He struggled in the stranger's grip, but was kicked in the shins and brought to his knees. When the stranger held some sort of modified pistol to Finn's head, he stopped struggling. Finn looked up. It was dark, but he could tell that the stranger was masked.

"Who are you?" They hissed. Finn didn't respond, and the stranger held the gun against Finn's forehead.

"Okay, okay." Finn pleaded. "I'll talk, just put that away." The stranger did not move.

"My name is Finn." Finn said, shakily. He was beginning to regret breaking Rose's promise. "I'm supposed to be waiting for someone."

"Waiting for who?" The stranger demanded.

"I.. someone called Poe..?" Finn knew he shouldn't be telling people this, but now his life was on the line. The stranger pushed the pistol harder against Finn's head. "I.. I don't know who he is." Finn pleaded, tears forming in his eyes. "I was just given this note to be here. I'm just a local. Please. I haven't done anything."

The stranger held out a hand. "Note." They demanded.

Finn fumbled in his pockets with shaky hands, half hoping he was dreaming, half hoping Poe would show up to save him.

Finn slowly handed the stranger the note. They snatched it off him and stared at it, then down at Finn.

The stranger took off their mask to look at Finn. It was a man, with dark curly hair and dark eyes. The man narrowed his eyes at Finn. "You were given this?" He asked, a hint of disbelief in his voice.

Finn nodded. "Please, I wanna go home."

For a moment, the man's gaze softened. "I'm sorry buddy." He said. "I'm afraid I can't do that."

"Please." Finn begged. A single panicked tear trickled down his cheek. "I don't want any part of this. Let me go home."

The man put his pistol back in his holster. He shook his head. "I can't." He held out a hand to Finn. "I'm Poe. Poe Dameron. I was sent here to find you."