Chapter 12

Finn had been walking for a while now, and he felt stupid as he turned around and realized that he had walked so far that his friends were too far away to even be seen. So far he had seen nothing, but the panicked feeling was still with him.

Eventually the ground changed from forest floor to rusted train tracks, and looking up, Finn found himself in front of a train. The train looked like it had been in an accident, and had been there for some time. It was starting to rust, and there was a gaping hole in the side where the metal had been ripped off. Something about the hole didn't seem right to Finn. The train looked like it had crashed, but the hole in the side was too round to be caused by a crash. Maybe it had been caused by scavengers? Against his better instincts, Finn wandered closer. He wondered if this train was where he and his friends were supposed to collect supplies from. As far as he could tell, there didn't seem to be any supplies waiting for them.

Finn looked at the hole. There were black marks around it, almost as if it had been burned away. Finn had a very bad feeling about this. He looked back at the forest. Rey and Poe were probably getting worried about him. 'I won't be long.' He thought to himself, stepping through the hole and into the train. He wandered down a compartment, uneasy.

The first thing that hit Finn was the smell. The smell of something rotting. He looked around the train to find a body laying beside a door. Finn shuddered. He had to leave. He quickly turned around, to find three figures standing at the other end of the compartment, staring at him. Two of them wore armor that reminded Finn of stormtroopers, except the armor was completely black, with red details. Finn had been lucky enough to never encounter stormtroopers before, but he could tell these were First Order soldiers. The third person was dressed in black robes and held some kind of spear. The troopers held blaster rifles.

"Leaving so soon?" The man with the spear asked, a grin spreading on his face. He had dark hair, and eyes so light Finn wondered if he was blind. "I'm not sure you want to do that." He stepped forwards, letting Finn get a better look at his face. His skin was pale, with red markings underneath his eyes.

"You're just what I've been looking for."

Finn didn't understand. He took a step back. "I think you've got the wrong person." He told the man nervously. "I'm not anyone important. I'm barely a legal adult. I'm nineteen."

"Oh, no, no." The man insisted, amusement in his voice. "Don't you worry. You'll do just fine."
Finn gripped his blaster tightly. "What do you want from me?" He asked, as confidently as he could.

The man smiled. "You see, it's not you I'm after. You're right. You're nothing special. But your friends.. they are extremely valuable to some."

"What do you mean?" Finn asked.

"The girl who calls herself Rey, is one of the last remaining Jedi. I'm sure you can understand how that makes her important. And the other, Poe Dameron. He happens to be lined up to be General Organa's successor, and is one of her most trusted soldiers. And as luck would have it, you brought not just one, but both of them here. Right into my little trap. Don't think about running. There is as many soldiers out there as are needed to bring you in."

Finn's eyes widened. "I won't tell you anything."

The man laughed coldly. "I see you're as dumb as you look. I don't need you to tell me anything. I have all I need right here." He was considerably taller than Finn and stared him down. "You, my friend, you are the bait. Trust me, the second your friends realize you're in danger, they'll come running."

"That's damn right." A voice from behind called. There were two blaster shots, and the strange man's soldiers were down. The man turned around. His grin did not falter.

"Poe Dameron. I've been waiting for this for a long time."

"You won't be waiting much longer." Poe told him, raising his blaster. The man was faster. He spun around and jabbed the sharp end of his spear at Poe's chest. Poe managed to block it slightly, the spear stabbing into his arm. Poe stumbled backwards and fell against the wall of the train compartment.

"Poe!" Finn yelled.

"I'm okay, Poe groaned. He looked up to see the man above him, arms raised, spear in the air, and brought it down fast. Poe flinched, covering his face with his arm, waiting for the blow.

It never came. With the snarl of a lightsaber, and a flash of light, the man fell to the ground.

"You good?" Rey asked, looking down at Poe and back at Finn.

Poe nodded, pulling himself to his feet. He walked past Rey and jogged down the train compartment to where Finn was, grabbing his shoulders.

"Are you okay?" Poe asked, eyes wide. Finn nodded, but Poe wasn't convinced. He wrapped his arms around his friend, holding him tightly.

Rey smiled, but Finn wasn't so relaxed. "There's more of them." Finn told his friends.

"What?"

"There's more. Waiting out there. This whole thing was a trap. The First Order, they're looking for you two. They were gonna use me as bait."

Poe detached from Finn and looked at Rey. He frowned. "Rey, take Finn, and go find out what the hell is going on. I'm going back to the ship. I'll come find you and get us outta here."

"But-" Finn protested. They had only just found each other, he didn't want to split up again.

"No buts." Poe insisted. He poked a finger at Finn's chest. "You look after yourself this time." Poe stood closer to Rey, and lowered his voice. "Don't let him get hurt."

"I won't." Rey promised.

"Then I'll see you two in a bit." With one last glance at Rey and Finn, Poe turned back towards the forest, and began walking. Finn followed Rey down the train.

He had a bad feeling about this.