Chapter 20

Finn found Poe in his quarters, writing in his log book. Finn knocked very gently on the door. Poe spun around, slamming the book closed. He relaxed slightly, seeing Finn in the doorway.

"Hey." Finn said.

"Hey."

Finn took a little step towards him. "Are you okay?"

Poe looked around to face him. "Yeah." He said. "I'm sorry about that whole outburst. I just have some.. bad history around the Force, but that was no reason for me to get mad."

Finn nodded. "No, it's fine. I shouldn't have kept pushing for you to keep trying."

Poe smiled. "So are we cool?"

"We're cool."

The two of them embraced, holding each other in silence, only thinking.

"If you ever.. you know, wanted to talk to someone about what happened," Finn said quietly. "I would listen."

"Mhm." Poe said. "Thanks." He paused. "Hey, can I tell you something?"

"Yeah?"

Before Poe could speak, the door opened, revealing a Resistance officer. Finn and Poe immediately let go of each other.

"Oh, uh, is this a bad time?" The officer asked.

"No."

"There's a hologram message coming through. For you." She pointed to Finn. "Just you."

"A message from who?" Poe asked. The officer shook her head. "I'm sorry, Commander. I've been instructed to find only Finn. He has to be alone."

Poe glanced at Finn. He knew he couldn't reasonably protest with that. "Okay. Be careful."

Finn nodded. "Don't worry, I will."

As he left the room with the officer, he began to get a bad feeling. "Do you know what this is about?"

She shrugged. "I'm afraid not."

Finn was led into a room, a hologram on the table. The officer nodded, and left the room.

Finn was not sure who exactly was going to show up, but when Rey appeared, he was beyond shocked.

"Rey? You're alive?" He said, trying not to be too loud. She nodded.

"Finn. You have to be honest with me. Yes or no. Are you Force Sensitive?"

Finn didn't know how she already knew. Or, how she was alive. But he wanted to find out, and maybe he would, if he played along. "Yes. But how did you know? I only found out myself a few hours ago."

"Word travels fast." Rey told him. "We have a.. friend in the Resistance who gave us a hint."

"We?" Finn asked. "Who is we? Where are you? And.. how are you alive?"

Rey gave him a half smile. "One thing at a time. After I was captured, I was kept in a detention cell for a while, being interrogated about the Jedi and the Resistance. They couldn't get anything out of me, and before they could do anything more extreme, I tricked the guard into letting me go with the Force. I ran to the Jedi, and I've been here ever since."

"Why not the Resistance?"

Rey's smile faded. "It wouldn't have been safe. Not where Poe is."

"Why doesn't anybody trust him?" Finn asked. He wasn't sure if he wanted to hear the answer.

"He doesn't work for the Resistance, not anymore." Rey told him. "He works for Kylo Ren. We have seen it through the Force."

"So he's a spy?" Finn asked, forgetting to keep his voice low.

"In a way, but he doesn't exchange Resistance secrets." Rey said. She looked sad. "He gives Ren updates about you."

Finn frowned. "About me? What do I have to do with this?"

"I don't know what they want you for." Rey said, "But they're using you for something. And now that you're Force Sensitive, I doubt Ren will be pleased. He will probably try either to kill you, or to use you for himself, and train you as a Dark Jedi. That is why you have to leave."

"..Leave?" Finn asked.

"Yes. Leave the Resistance. Run. You need to come to the Jedi, here. We are on a planet named Dantooine, once home to a Jedi enclave. There is no way the First Order will find us here, but you need to get here, fast. Before they get you first."

"Commander, a transmission for you." An officer told Poe. He nodded, and was met with a hologram of no other than Kylo Ren, once the officer had left.

"Finn has been called privately, and I believe it was by Rey."

"Ah." Ren said. "Do you think she has told him the truth?"

"How would she have known?"

"She is strong in the Force. I would not struggle to believe that she could know, especially since we are assuming she is among other Jedi."

Poe nodded. A little part of him deep inside felt slightly sad that his time with Finn was coming to an end, but he ignored that thought. "So he knows everything." He could feel Ren staring him down.

"And so it begins."