Waxing Gibbous

Me: *Gets out the doctor's office feeling like committing murder because that numbing medicine didn’t to shit*

*checks wattpad because I am bored like that*

*Chapters chilling in my drafts*

Me:... What the fu-

My readers: …….

Me: heh…*Avoids eye contact*

Back in Ego's office, y/n had their body propped up against him as they watched the players train

Back in Ego's office, y/n had their body propped up against him as they watched the players train. The groups they found the most interesting were a mix of X and Z. Yes, X had less 'fancy' and 'stand out' people but their friendship seems to go a long way. As if one goes down we all bow together.

While in Z, the flaws they tried to hide were more clear to them as if they were trying to be the picture perfect dream team. Also because the person Ego picked was on Team Z but, we don’t talk about that.

They’re playing today right?”

“Yeah, excited?”

For team X to kick their ass? Yeah.” Ego paused scrolling through emails and looked down at them.

“Team Z? Are you doubting the player I picked?” There was a hint of interest in voice as both y/n and Anri picked 99% percent of the players.

I’m doubting the whole team, look at the players I picked, I could tell you the reason for each one. But Isagi? The only thing I know is his name.”

They paused analzing the team before looking back toward him.

“Everyone else is Anri except the redhead, I trust him, putting him at the worst team is an insult.”

“It’s not an insult, it's favoritism.” Y/n went silent but didn’t confirm or deny it. “Why so quiet, dear? Weren’t you just saying your team was better?”

They are, we could even bet on it.”

“What’s in it for me?”

“I’ll let you spray paint my tail a random color.”

“Deal, but you have to keep it for a week.”

“Fine, what about you?”

“I’ll let you host the 2nd selection.” In honesty, he didn’t mind, but he wouldn’t announce that either.

“Deal!”
~⁠>⁠'⁠)⁠~⁠~⁠~

“If you guys lose I’ll kick your ass into mars, okay?” Y/n spoke from the intercom staring at Team X, it was as if they knew it was directed to them as they nodded feeling a new wave of motivation.

“You can’t influence a team, It would be like me telling Team Z I won't eliminate the whole team if they won the match.” Ego spoke cooly, purposely leaving the Mic on.

Anri walked in between them shutting it off as Team Z had the same burst of motivation in a more positive way. “Let the battle begin..” She mumbled pressing the Auto referee to let it start.

The beginning started normally like any game would, the forward moving forward, defense in position, well until the ball got stolen. Y/n didn’t question it until they realized they were teammates.

“What the hell? Jinni what are you teaching these kids?” Ego looked up at the screen, a smile forming on his face.
“The realism of society, it seems they’re learning well.”

“......”

Eventually, X recovered first as Barou ran past them scoring a goal. The audio quality wasn’t that good from here and they only sent out drones if it looked like an emergency so whatever Barou said to them leaving Z like angered chickens didn’t go heard by them.

“You see that Ego?” Y/n bragged, not only did team X get a point, but it was also one of the people Y/n happened to pick. “No, I wasn't looking, did team Z score?” The small victory of winning suddenly went off as y/n looked away first.

“Mm, nevermind, it was just a trainee pulling off a hard move.” Tch, I can’t show off air

{Meaning you can’t brag about something unwitnessed.}

“Rewind the moment, we can catch up later.” Ego set his book down, turning his whole attention to the subject at hand. Y/n who was caught off guard,  took a minute to respond but immediately dragged the mouse to the point when everyone was grouped up at the ball. “You have to watch closely okay?”

“Okay.” The scene played again as Barou shoved through them, passed Isagi, dodged the defense line, and scored flawlessly.

You see now?”

“Mhm, Your team did good, and the player you picked out did mine.” Ego praised as y/n gladly took the compliments.

“Thank you, it probably took a lot out of you to admit such facts.” Instead of rebutting, he listened to y/n rant repointing out things in the game, switching between live and clips as they talked about Team X and Team Z.

Then covering broader ideas; what striker means to them, soccer vs football, how they decided on each player, the time they actually had to go out to talk to one of the trainees instead of mailing a letter because no one knew their address.

“It was a total coincidence because I was shopping in the football section looking for the gift that you had found in your bag. I'm glad you're wearing it by the way, and he was getting shoes. I think he mistook me for an employee or something. But I ended up helping him search for his size, along the way I recognized him as Rin, but instead of being a creepy/cringe fan I causally asked-”

‘Beep..!’ The two paused as the auto system announced the round being over. Y/n turned to clips as they replayed the last score, their face shifting into confusion.

“He…passed?” They stared at the screen before nodding in approval. “He’s very selfless. You raised a good midfielder.” Ego couldn't help laughing at their reaction before doing a fake bow.

"Thank you baby, I appreciate such a compliment about my player."

The meaning behind it seemed jokingly but he was internally glad they approved some way about his choice.

"Yeah yeah, you can decide what color you want before I go shower."

"But kitsy,"

"Hm?"

"Your team won."

"They did?-"

You guys can still pick a color if you want it  might happen in the future 🙊