3rd Quarter

What was I lying about earlier about splitting?- this about to be 3 parts🙈

Piercings* = (Ego and Y/n got matching piercings after signing marriage papers, y/n was a little mad about not having a wedding but accepted the piercing part. Piercings lasted longer than rings anyways.)

Watching the last game was just as competitive as the first one, they both supported a different team as Anri was the only one being unbiased while taking notes for her report

“Want to make a bet?” Y/n tilted their head like the gambling addict they were, egging him on to continue.

“If I win..” Ego faked a thoughtful expression as if he hadn't already decided what he wanted. “You can’t say no for 24 hours.”

“Nah I’m good, who’d want to make a deal with a pervert like you?” Y/n answered, already focused back on the game as if he never spoke up. “Pervert?-”

"Yeah, who else would choose a ‘partner can’t say no’ challenge without having a motive in mind? This is because I rejected all of your advances, right? You can go to a club to have a (insert gender) play a 1-1 football match with you, I won’t be offended.”

Anri spat out her drink giving the two a gaping fish look trying to understand what the heck she just heard. They both ignored her even though Y/n could feel the heated gaze clearly.

“I wouldn’t do anything without consent, the most I'd do is ask for a kiss.” Both knew that was a blatant lie, but the way he presented it made Y/n not mention it. They stared at him quietly before humming in response.

“Consent is attractive.. Fine.” They stretched out their pinky hooking it with ego’s sealing the deal. Y/n already had a mental layout of how the game was going to end even from the start.

Now yes, Ego did usually listen to them rant non-stop before a game involving team Z, but unlike any other time, he had a more mischievous ‘i’ll make you swallow your words’ type of glint.

(Including how he didn't even interrupt when he began talking about Isagi and how Chigiri carried the team.)

Secondly, the time he asked to do the deal. Team V was in the lead at the moment making it seem like they had the advantage in the beginning.

But as a person who lives off of twists, Y/n guessed that it was just a bluff to begin with. 

“Alright, get ready for midnight..” He whispered, as Y/n motionlessly waved him off.

Despite making such an outrageous bet, the tension in the room stayed low as halftime approached.

Anri could tell the silence hid a different meaning as they were probably plotting ways to fuck with each-other despite the outcome.

Anri retreated from looking at them as she made mental preparations, knowing Y/n, the chance of them already having every minute past 12am planned was high. And them adding her to their plot was even higher.

She huffed out a sigh and tried to focus on the game, the outcome would change everything.

*Bzzzz!*

The sound ranged across the room as loud cheers came from the right side of the field.

Y/n lifted their gaze, a sour expression rested on their face as they tried not to let it show. They were mentally hoping for Team V to win so their long streak wouldn’t crack. 

But, losing was a good way to humble someone even if it was only a one point bonus.

They were also glad that Chigiri was running more compared to when he was scouted. The only thing he was actively petty about was the Kungo guy or whatever the hell his name was tackling Nagi.

(They turned a blind eye to Reo.)

Does he even know how hard it is to sub in a game?

“Did you see that? The last goal was made by my one and only.” Ego teased, he was already expecting the bizarre and childish counter but was surprised by the sudden tense atmosphere.

Even Anri, who was too sucked into her co-workers love life paused her typing adding to the white noise. Y/n had a pout on their face with watery eyes as they looked like a kicked (f/house pet).

“You scumbag, I thought I was your only one? Do these piercings* mean nothing to you?”

They didn’t wait for his answer, scooting off his lap, walked over to Anri, got on one knee and pulled a flower out of nowhere.

“Mon chéri, mon bébé, mon ange, will you accept my heart?" (My honey, my baby, my angel. Sorry if I wrote the spelling wrong btw!!)

Even though she didn’t understand most of the first half, she couldn’t stop the creeping blush on her face as she looked away nodding her head guilty.

That didn’t stop them as they stood up placing soft kisses on her palm and cheek, tucking the flower around her messy bun.

“C’mon, my ex might get angry and kill us with a football if we stay here any longer.”

Their voice laced a ting of amusement as they took her marked palm dragging Anri out. What the fuck did I just watch?

Y/n cheered silently in their heart, step one was completed, they’d make Ego think twice before making stupid bets.

925 words <3

925 words <3

Don't ask what crack I was on while writing this🥱 (I forgot to check)