Mercury | ¡Additional Time!

My Time is the recommendation of today, idk it's stuck in my head man🗣️

Also, plz vote for which 2 you guys would like for the new intro and outro

1

2

3

3

Alright on with the chapter!

.
.
.

Y/n stared at field, (favorite song) playing loudly in their ears. They were in a rare state of quietness, not moving from the small corner they put themselves in.

Ding!

"...." Y/n spared a sparce glance at the phone before moving to the camera watching them.

Despite a screen separating them, they could already imagine the burning gaze scorching their skin. Y/n made a 'come over' motion, lowering their eyes after seeing the camera flash and went back to dazing out.

Oyasumi... Oyasumi.. close your eyes and you'll leave this dream..

(^you can replace this part with your favorite line from your song)

Y/n hummed along with the lyrics, swaying softly with the beat. Only when the song ended did they quickly hit pause, looking at the lyrics to make sure their weren't any educational sounds.

Shit..that scared me, I can never listen to Redbone the same.

They relaxed back, letting the sun toast them.

It was pretty convenient to have two pairs of ears, making things like catching people's footsteps easier. Y/n pushed the volume down staring straight at..

Anri?

"Y/n! there you are," she crouched down, patting the grass before sitting all the way.

"You were watching me?"

"Well....Not on purpose, I just happened to see you on the camera and thought I'd come over for my break." They nodded, turning back to the field.

"Do you feel like the second selection's going to go well?"

"What?"

"I just.." Y/n dug their fingers deep in their palm before releasing it with a deep breath.

"Nevermind. It's nothing. How's your day going?" 

Anri raised a brow, wanting to ask a question before swallowing it down.

"Not bad, the boys are training hard in the back so I had to spend most of my days in the kitchen." Pfft- I could never.

"Mm.." should I ask? Damnit Y/n she's not like your mom. Anri watched Y/n daze out before blinking and staring back.

"Do you ever worry about what you do before doing it?"

Worry? What could Y/n possibly be worrying about? Anri stayed silent, taking a second to think. Oh, wait, damn I'm slow.

"I see what this is about, nervous about leading?"

"A little, it's just.. If I fuck it up, then everything's fucked up. The future of football is in my hands, without the correct guidance they can't show their potential."

"What about when you guided the 2nd instance? That wasn't that scary, and didn't you have a lot of fun?" A small light shone up in y/n's eyes as a whole story appeared in their mind.

"Well yeah, but I wasn't really doing anything but reading the instructions really slowly. Oh! And then they kept telling me to quit taking my time and I told them if they kept saying that I'd just start over."

Anri giggled, which slowly turned into a laugh as y/n started mocking what Rin, a kid from team X, went off about.

"After that I told him I'd sneak sardines into his sandwich. I actually did tho, tch, I don't see what's the problem with raw fish."

"......" Y/n turned their head over in confusion.

"What? You don't like the salty taste of fish blood as it melts on your.."

"Ok, ok, just stop!" Y/n gave her a genuine smile rolling their eyes.

"Thanks Anri."

"For what?"

"I don't know, you just make me happy whenever we talk." They picked up an overgrown daisy and passed it over.

Anri took it silently, ignoring the burning feeling in her heart. "You make me happy to."

"Really?"

"Yeah, more than you think.."

655 words <3