3. I Want More

"I thought you could use some company, Viserys." Regina remarked coming into his chambers. "My brother is dealing with your brother,' she laughed out.

"Yes it seems so. I would rather have Otto as a brother than Daemon." Viserys remarked. Regina smirked to herself. She sat down beside him and put a hand on his thigh.

"Well then I have a solution." Regina remarked. "Marry me."

"What?" Viserys countered, he would be lying if it hadnt crossed his mind with all the talk of remarrying.

"I know its forward but I know the council is urging you to remarry and... I want to put myself in the running." Regina remarked. "I have grown close to you since Otto became hand, years ago and... I have been unlucky in love but... everything feels so natural with you."

"It does. Doesn't it?" Viserys agreed putting his hand on top of hers.

"I know lord Corlys wants you marry Laena but she is a child.  Im sure you have other women in mind but-" regina shrugged. "I dont know Viserys you make me smile so easily. You love the simplicity of life. As opposed to im sure every other king with their jewels and gems. Yet you sparkle without it. You have a brain. A beautiful mind viserys." She chuckled to herself. "I probably sound like a loon." Regina admitted but viserys held to her hand leaning in.

"I have thought fondly of you as well Regina." Viserys agreed. "But i dont know that i get a say in my future wife. My future queen."

"Repeat that." Regina countered. Viserys stared back at her a moment.

"I dont think I have a choice-" viserys remarked again confused. "In my fu-"

"My. Yours. You viserys!" Regina declared. "Tis your life. You cant let everyone else control it. Its what makes you happy in this. There are a lot of things that the council will surely have a say about but this is your wife. The woman you hope to spend the rest of your life with. To give you children. To kiss you every night and every morning-" viserys had to admit that sounded wonderful. "In this viserys you really deserve the most say. Its your future wife."

"The realms future queen." Viserys added.

"So dont marry a whore like your brother."

Viserys laughed out. It felt nice to laugh. Good to laugh. Regina made him smile soo easily.

+

"No, please, Lord Lyonel. I have come looking for an unencumbered opinion." Viserys remarked leaning over the table with urgency.

"That's all I would ever give, Your Grace." Lyonel assured.

"Ever since my name was read by the archmaesters at the Great Council, I have felt Corlys Velaryon's envious gaze staring at me from across the Blackwater."

"You sit upon the highest seat in the realm, Your Grace. Proud men don't like having to look up."Lyonel remarked.

"Laena Velaryon."

"Lord Corlys is your Master of Ships and she is the eldest daughter of the wealthiest house in the realm. She comes from unimpeachable Velaryon stock and she has Targaryen blood." Lyonel told him. "What's to mislike?"

"She is 12."

"She will mature. "

"I never asked to remarry."

" As King, you have a claim on all things. Even those you don't want. Marriage is not an obligation you can put off for long."

"What if I was to reject Lord Corlys's proposal?" Viserys suggested

"He would not be like to take it well. I fear nothing short of a direct line to the Iron Throne would satisfy him. You should also consider that we find ourselves on the precipice of war in the Stepstones. And the Sea Snake holds claim to nearly half the realm's ships." Lyonel told him.

"He would not dare withhold them in the face of the realm's need. Who is he to hector me?" Viserys countered

"No one, Your Grace. But Driftmark makes for a better ally than it does an enemy. The Sea Snake has made a calculated reach, a fair play for a man of his position. If you truly want my unencumbered opinion..." Lyonel questioned.

"I do."

"You should wed Laena Velaryon, Your Grace. Sate Lord Corlys and fix him at your side, permanently, as an ally."

"She is a child, she is a child!" Viserys declared. "And I want... more." Viserys admitted. Viserys sighed. "I loved Aemma, I want children again, I dont want to marry a child. I want a woman I can love, can share my life with, not someone that still needs years to grow up."

"Who did you have in mind?" Lyonel questioned as the door swung open.

"Your Grace," Ser Steffon announced. 'the Princess has returned from Dragonstone.''

''Dragonstone?' Viserys questioned incredulously.