19. Moody

'He has your hair, Your Grace.'"

Regina heard the mirrors words echoing in her mind as she forced a smile. She glanced around looking for Rhaenyra but she wasnt here. Regina pushed down her worries. Rhaenyra wasnt her doom.

'He does have my hair.'  Viserys agreed, targaryen's and their silver hair, unmistakable.

'He has your eyes, Your Grace.'

'Yes, he does.' Viserys agreed. 'And you have my nose, don't you?''

"Oh honey cant he have my nose?" Regina coed. Viserys smiled reaching out for her.

"Definitely your cute nose." Viserys agreed.

'Two years old and already our boy has a kingly presence.'

'He may yet, brother, but this morning he insisted on eating porridge with his hands.' Otto mused.

'He will grow. We're quite a party assembled in his honor. And surely by the end of this hunt, we shall have more to celebrate.' Hobert remarked. Regina smiled back at her eldest brother.

'And what is that, pray tell.' Otto questioned.

"Viserys dear, help a pregnant woman up." Regina requested reaching her arms out. "Im suddenly starving." Viserys rose up moving to regina pulling her to her feet.

'It is Aegon's second name day. His infancy's behind him. It only remains for Viserys to name him heir to the throne.'

'I wouldn't be so sure.' Otto told him stiffly. "Or regina for that matter."

'He's the King's firstborn son. Our nephew, otto. Come now you must have thought such things."

'I don't know that His Grace sees it so clearly.' Otto remarked. Otto looked to regina as she moved to them hands perched on her stomach.

'Then it lies with you to make him see it... Lord Hand.' Hobert assured. "Oh my dear girl look at you!" Hobert declared hugging Regina. "Glowing. Simply glowing!"

"Thank you." Regina coed as he kissed her cheek.

'Your Grace... I bring urgent news from the Stepstones.' Tyland Lannister said coming forward and putting a halt to the festivities. 'The Crabfeeder has dug in for siege on Bloodstone while his men sabotage our fleet under the cover of dark."

'Not today, Tyland.' Viserys urged. Regina smiled back at him as Otto got her a plate of berries and a chocolate tart.

'The matter of the Stepstones is regrettably urgent.' Tyland assured. He was the new master of ships now that Corlys went off the deep end after all and he fel it his  Due diligence to tell the king. Even if it was unproper timing.

'It's been three years. It can wait another three days.' Viserys said calmly.  'Come, eat. Fortify yourselves for the journey. Please.' Viserys said gesturing to the feast.  'Is the baggage train ready?' Viserys whispered.

'It is presently massing at the River Gate. Lord Jason expects us in the Kings wood before midday.''

"Wonderful." Viserys agreed. He reached out wiping some juice from Reginas lip. She smiled back at him. "Beautiful." She licked at her lips before taking a bite of a large strawberry.  'Have you seen Rhaenyra?' Viserys questioned looking around.

'I have not," regina remarked. "Alicent honey can you find Rhaenyra?"

"Of course Auntie." Alicent agreed running off.

'With the Triarchy now sheltering in Bloodstone's caves, the threat of the dragons is blunted.' Tyland told him following him down the feast table.

'They don't have foot soldiers.' Viserys reminded him piling food on his plate.

'But their sell swords have been withdrawing in droves, Your Grace. Even the mercenaries can see that it is a losing effort.' Tyland went on

''Another boy you say? Going to name him after your favorite brother?" Hobert questioned.

"Otto would love that. A little otto. OJ!" Regina declared. Hobert rolled his eyes.

"Oh Regina." He tsked. She laughed out leaning into him.

'The Velaryon forces have suffered heavy attrition, Your Grace.' Tyland went on. 'The seeds of dissent are sown amongst the rank and file. Daemon has driven the men hard. They have begun to question his command. If the crown were ever to intervene...'

'Tyland..'

' ...now is the time.' Tyland finished.

'Daemon and The Sea Snake started their war without His Grace's leave. Were he to intervene now after so long, it would make the crown appear weak.' Otto told Tyland as the feast bickered around them.  Regina glanced to them. This was supposed to be all about Aegon. Not bickering over those stupid step stones.

''Regina love, i think its time to go." Viserys declared.

🍎

'Well, isn't this splendid. The whole of our family off to celebration and adventure in the Kings wood.' Viserys remarked looking around the carriage. Regina tipped her head into him as Aegon babbled in Alicents arms.

"Whos the cutest little baby?" Alicent coed. "You are! You are!"

'Should you be traveling in such condition?' Rhaenyra questioned. Regina had tried to put some space between them. Heeding the mirrors warning but it was hard since Alicent was so good with Aegon and rhaenyra was technically Reginas step daughter now.

'The maester said that being out in nature would do me well.' Regina assured. "But if I pop when we get there viserys made sure masters were going to present."

'Well, you will be with your own child sooner than late, and make me a proud grand sire.' Viserys said happily but Rhaenyra had no interest in men. She rolled her eyes shaking her head and suddenly finding the terrain outside the window so interesting.

'It's not so bad Rhaenyra. The days are long, but Aegon came rather quickly Alicents own brothers took her mother over a day to birth so looking back Aegon came without much fuss.' Regina offered.

'You should ride out with me today. Join in the chase.' Viserys offered

'I'd rather not. The boars squeal like children when they're being slaughtered. I find it discomforting'. Rhaenyra said looking out the window.

'It's a hunt, Rhaenyra.' Viserys reminded her trying to keep a smile on his face as Aegon babbled happily. 'How would you like to participate?' Viserys pondered. Regina reached out and Aegon grabbed her finger giving it a shake.

'I'm not sure why I must.' Rhaenyra countered.

'Because you are my daughter... The Princess. And you have duties.' Viserys reminded her.

'As I am ceaselessly reminded.' Rhaenyra murmured softly.

'I'm sorry?' Viserys questioned leaning towards her.

'As I am ceaselessly reminded.' Rhaenyra shouted back at him.

"Oh Rhaenyra please your father is just-" regina began.

"I know what hes just!" Rhaenyra hissed and Regina faltered back. Her lips tight.

'You wouldn't need to be reminded if you ever attended to them.' he reminded her. "And please Rhaenyra be kind to Regina. She has been nothing but good to you since before your mother passed. She doesnt need your attitude as well."

'No one's here for me.' Rhaenyra told him bitterly.

"Its not you name day." Alicent remarked. "No is here for me either but no one is ever here for me." She added with a chuckle.

"Come on Aegon." Viserys requested. "Come to daddy. You are my good boy. Dont turn into a moody teen like your sister."