26. Trouble

'The Step stones were meant to be won for the realm, but over the past few days, it seems we have traded a crabfeeder for a sea snake. This is clearly a rebuke for passing over Lady Laena for Queen Regina.' Tyland Lannister remarked as the council listened intently.

'Years have passed since the business with his daughter. Certainly, he cannot still be warthful?' Viserys pondered

'The Sea Snake is an over-proud man, to be sure, Your Grace. That pride has been injured. Perhaps we can salve the wound?'

'I fear Lord Corlys's pride is the least of our worries. I don't wish to cause you further distress, Your Grace, but my brother has sent disturbing word from Old town. Lord Corlys is said to have engaged in negotiations with the Sea lord of Braavos. He plans to wed his daughter Laena to the Sealord's son." Otto declared "If House Velaryon entered into an alliance with the Free Cities... then... we would have to seek our own marriage pact.' All eyes turned to Rhaenyra.

Otto went to find regina she was with Olyver and Aegon. She was worried. The mirror was annoyed. Otto knocked coming in and sitting beside his sister. He told her what they discussed and reginas eyes went wide.

"Rhaenyra will marry laenor and she will stay at driftmark?" Regina offered hopefully.

"Doubtful Gina." Otto countered. Reginas shoulders sagged.

'Good night, Ser Criston.' Rhaenyra said as she retired for the night.

'Sleep well, Princess.' She closed the door only to see a bag in her room, she dumped out the contents and it revealed dirty clothes, rags really and a scroll. She opened it up and it wasn't a note but a map. She looked at the wall paneling. She pushed the bench away and a hidden passageway opened up she stumbled in.

"You want aegon to be the next king." Otto realized. "You want rhaenyra gone?"

"Yes." Regina admitted. "I have reason to believe that Rhaenyra is going to be my downfall."

"Gina?" Otto wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

"Otto im scared. I dont want to lose my babies this life because im weak." Regina whimpered.

"You are not strong enough to what?" Otto countered. "Because my dead you are strong," regina looked to otto miserably.

"I could never... Im scared... what if This is my downfall?"

"What would make you think that?" Otto countered.

" I may have spoken to a witch of sorts, and she told me a prophecy about the prince and the princess. Daemon and rhaenyra. When they return together, it would be the start of my downfall. It would be the beginning of the end." Regina remarked.

' Whoa!' Rhaenyra said breathlessly as she looked down at the staircase. She changed into the clothes following the passageway she wasn't surprised to see Daemon waiting for her. he grabbed her hand leading her down the steps.

'Where are we going?' she questioned as they wandered through the streets, Rhaenyra had never been out after dark, not like this. She was surprised and amazed at everything and everyone. She got to be no one.

"Daemon always causes trouble. Whenever he resurfaces, and he always resurfaces." Otto remarked. " but he never stays for long. He always stirs the pot annoys the king and then leaves to hide under a dark hole." Otto declared. " I wouldn't think too much of what a hoax witch says."

" I want to believe that you were right, but she prophesies that I would have two sons she prophesies that the prince daemon would return. She has been right and I really do believe she's magical." Regina countered gently.

" you're too smart for that." Otto countered.  " don't believe in witches please. They were only lead you down a dark path."

" I know brother I'm sorry forget I said anything. You are right ..., I should go check on the king."  Regina remarked. " can you keep an eye on the boys until I get back?"

'fսck off, boy.' A drunk man said stumbling into her. Rhaenyra gasped giddy

'He called me boy.' Her laughter echoed as she followed daemon through flee bottom.

'Do you wish to know your death, child?' a blind witch cackled down at them but Daemon pulled her along.

" look at all of your servants here while you take a bath you make me jealous husband." Regina laughed as she came in. 'Let me take that.' Regina said taking the sponge from a healer and looking back at the other servants standing ready. 'Leave us, all of you.' She knelt before Viserys as he lay in the tub his wounds spreading, the infection growing. " do they really have no idea what's causing this my dear? No way to stop it..." viserys shrugged.

'They will keep trying." Viserys offered as she ran the sponge over his chest. "You have a far kinder touch than they do.'

'Thank you, my love." Regina agreed kissing his cheek.

+

"She will bring ruin, the both of them. But without Rhaenyra, Daemon will never suceed." the mirror remarked. Regina paced the room, there had to be another way.

But there was a knock on her door. She sat up, righted herself before speaking.

'Come.' the door opened and a hand maiden entered.

'Pardon me, Your Grace. The King has requested your presence.'

"Yes. Thank you." Regina agreed. She looked to the mirror.

" your eminent doom is fast approaching and you're more worried about satisfying your husband's cock than saving your life?" The mirror demanded.

"I love viserys. I cant do anything about rhaenyra and daemon right now. I can love Viserys though." Regina headed out and the mirror shrieked her outrage.

"Hello honey," regina coed moving to viserys.

"My beautiful wife." Viserys smiled as she kissed him. She wanted to forget rhaenyra and daemon and the mirrors dark words. Viserys helped her do so. She smiled as he pulled at her clothes their lips mingling. She was so happy with viserys. She didnt want anything to change.