28. Just One Bite

Bad for Business / Viserys Targaryen Out now!!

"Just one bite." The mirror remarked holding out an apple to Regina through the mirror.

"I'm not hungry." Regina corrected. 'Just ate-"

"Not for you, you fool." The mirror hissed. Regina took a hesitant step back before the mirror self smiled sweetly. "For Rhaenyra." She corrected softer. "You want your reign secured, don't you?"

"Yes." Regina agreed. The mirror self shook the apple in front of her demanding her silently to take it.

"Then you will get Rhaenyra to take a bite of this and all our problems will be solved. Your reign will not be challenged."

"I don't want to kill her." Regina countered.

"She is your downfall," The mirror self shouted. "Take the apple. Just a bite."

"Just a bite..." Regina took it staring down at the apple.

"What?" The mirror imagine barked back.

"I'm not a killer." Regina whispered.

"What did you think you were going to do when you said you wanted a solution to your problems?"

"I don't know, can't you kill her?"

"I can't leave the mirror." The mirror corrected. Yet. She couldn't leave yet.

"Are you sure about this?" Regina countered.

"I see all. I know your future, either you kill Rhaenyra or she kills you, not only you but all your children, all your future children. She will destroy you! Your whole family, your nieces and nephews, she has dragons, she will rise up and-"

"I got it." Regina whispered.

"Do you?" The mirror countered. "Because I don't think you do. I'm trying to save you, you want to be not only the fairest but the only queen, she will steal it all from you. She will replace you and you will be rotting six feet under." The mirror hissed. "Now do as I say, have I steered you wrong yet?"

"No, you havent." Regina admitted.

"Then why question me now?"

"Because you never told me to murder anyone." Regina corrected.

"Regina, I'm disappointed in you. I thought you were different, I thought you were special."

"I am." Regina corrected.

"You wear Davina's crown, she knew that sometimes you had to get your hands dirty to see a change."

"I will do it." Regina assured. "I can do it."

"Don't disappoint me."

Regina cut the apple making little marks in it, trying to make it look like a flower, nothing evil could be so beautiful, Regina thought as she cut it. She stared down at her work yes she was procrastinating but if the mirror was right like she had been then Rhaenyra would kill her and her children, little Aegon and Olyver, all her future children, she was just saving herself from having to do this in the future, she felt horrible for Viserys, she was going to hurt him but she would give him more children and he would move on like he moved on from Aemma.

Regina stared down at the flower apple before headed out and put the apple on Rhaenyra's table

"Hey Regina," Rhaenyra remarked "Were you looking for me?"

"No, yes... I..." Regina picked back up the apple. "I made you something." Rhaenyra took it from her.

"That's so cool." Rhaenyra remarked turning the apple around.

"Thank you." Regina felt the guilt rising in her already. "You are going to want to eat it soon though or else its going to get bad."

"Almost too pretty to eat." Rhaenyra remarked and Regina choked out a laugh. Rhaenyra took a bite though. "Wow, that's really sweet." Rhaenyra remarked.

"Glad you like it, I have go, but... enjoy" Regina offered.

"Thanks Regina." Rhaenyra called after her. What had she done?

+

"Mirror, mirror who's the fairest of them all?" Regina questioned.

"You did it, Regina." The mirror image remarked proudly. "There is nothing stopping me now."

"us." Regina corrected. The mirror beckoned her closer.

"Just me." The mirror corrected reaching a hand out and grabbing Regina. Her eyes went wide as she looked at the mirror hand grabbing her.

"Let me go!" Regina demanded struggling in her grip.

"Time to be free." The mirror image corrected with one sharp tug Regina was pulled into the mirror. "Wow," the mirror image remarked rolling her shoulders back. "It's good to be queen." she glanced back at Regina pounding on the mirror demanding to be set free. "Sorry, I can't hear you dearie..." the mirror image corrected as Regina begged to be let out.

"I did everything you said!" Regina demanded. "You promised me-"

"I told you many years ago... I did warn you not to trust me." She cackled out before sending a fist into the mirror and shattering the glass. Regina's face cracked along the broken shards, a scream still on her lips.

"Mirror, mirror... who's the baddest witch of them all?"