14. La La Land

Destiny, the mirror thought, was something to be hunted down and grabbed tightly with both hands and shaken until it gave her exactly what she wanted.

She couldnt do that trapped in here so she needed Regina to get her head out of la la land and focus!

Regina was whistling when she came into the room with Alicent and Otto, Aegon in her arms. The mirror looked up annoyed, Regina was always in la, la land, she never had her head in the game. 

Regina smiled at the mirror as she passed and saw the glimmer of the reflection quickly before it went away. Regina knew that the mirror was picky with who she shared her powers with so she didnt push. 

"Rhaenyra asked again if I wanted to go on a ride." Alicent remarked. "How do I politely tell her I'm scared of heights and please stop asking?" 

"Just like that." Regina suggested. 

"She is going to tell me I'm a baby and there is nothing to be afraid of." Alicent mumbled. 

"Its a dragon, there are many things to be afraid of." Regina countered. 

"Thats what I'm saying!" Alicent agreed. 

"Maybe you need new friends." Regina offered nonchalantly. Alicent stared back at her perplexed at the idea. "I mean Rhaenyra is fine, but she clearly doesnt have much in common with you, she likes flying that beast of hers and you are my good and proper young lady. Maybe some new friends, some distance and she will stop pushing the dragon thing." Regina offered innocently. 

"Lovely idea." OTto agreed. 

"There is a girl... I see her stitching in the courtyard, I could make an introduction." Alicent realized, thinking it through. 

"You could, you should!" Regina agreed. 

"I'm going to see if I can track her down right now." Alicent decided as she headed out. Otto waited until she was gone. 

"What was that about?" Otto questioned. 

"WHat was what about?" Regina countered. Otto gave her a pointed look as he took a step closer, crossing his arms over his chest. "Nothing! I just want Alicent to have a plethora of friends, is that so wrong, brother?" 

"No." Otto assured. "But there is something more." 

"I dont like Rhaenyra." Regina murmured. 

"Good." Otto agreed. "She is going to be a problem for Aegon and you know it, the realms-"

"Can we not have this conversation again? I'm getting there I just need more time." Regina remarked. 

"I'm proud you are finally seeing things clearly." Otto remarked and the mirror smirked behind Otto's back. Regina locked eyes with her. 

"I love Aegon, I would do anything for him. If Rhaenyra is going to threaten him in the future... I won't heed to a child, I won't beg her to be gracious, I like being queen and I want to pass it down to my boy. I want him to rule. Rhaenyra is moody and pushy and even Alicent said that Rhaenyra would be cruel to her if she knew..." Regina had been on the edge but she was more and more convinced that Rhaenyra would be her downfall. 

"I dont know who's voice has been in your ear sweet sister but listen to them." Otto agreed. "Rhaenyra is not to be trusted." 

Regina wondered if the mirror could be trusted though. She wasnt too sure about that. What were her motives behind helping Regina? She couldnt just be a concerned mirror person, could she? Regina had never met a magical mirror. She seemed to just want Rhaenyra gone so Aegon could reign on. Seemed to think to know that Rhaenyra was going to be their downfall, she knew things that no other person could know and she asked for nothing in return expect to listen and heed her words. 

The mirror cocked her head back at Regina and Otto spun around chuckling when he saw what Regina was looking at. 

"My sweet sister I dont remember you liking to look at yourself in the mirror this much." Otto mused kissing her temple. "I have to go but I'm glad we are on the same page." 

"We are." Regina agreed as he left. "It's what beyond the page is what worries me." she whispered. 

"I'm proud of you too Regina." The mirror remarked. "Now go visit the king. He will be missing your touch."