12. Masterpiece

Aegon's first name day party was amazing, Regina loved how the whole palace shimmered.

" what do you think my love??" Viserys questioned.

" oh my dear, everything is simply beautiful. If only our little aegon could appreciate this." Regina remarked. "everything is so beautiful."

" only the best for my son and my beautiful, beautiful wife." he planted a kiss on her lips, holding her closer. Regina smiled into him. The mirror was right she was going to get everything she ever wanted. With the man she loved.

"She looks happy." Hobert remarked nodding to their little sister.

"She is." Otto agreed.

"The princess looks less than happy." Hobert offered.

"She has been in a mood for ages, she doesnt matter." Otto whispered. "Not now that we have Aegon." Hobert chuckled.

"You are sounding like me." Hobert warned.

"I know this might sounds presumptuous," Regina remarked coming up to Alicent and Aegon. "But you are so good with him, you are going to be a wonderful mother."

"Thanks, Auntie, Aegon is easy, he's so sweet." Alicent answered.

"He really is." Regina agreed. Aegon stuck his tongue out at her. Regina stroked his cheek. "Any suitors in mind?"

"No. Nothing like that." Alicent corrected.

"If you start liking boys know you can come to me. Im in your corner for finding love." Regina assured.

"Thanks Auntie." Alicent agreed.

Regina was looking over the gifts for Aegon, people really didnt know how to give gifts to children. Ales, wines, jewelry, choking hazards. Artwork. Regina touched the picture it was a beautiful she was sure that every person that looked at it saw something different reflected in the paint. 

"He died recently." Larys remarked coming up behind her. "The artist. Makes the piece that much more valuable." 

"It's a curious thing, isn't it, how an artist can turn their hurt into something so stunning that it has the power to save strangers, but it doesn't have the power to save the artist themselves." Regina remarked still gazing upon the picture. "It's beautiful, I want it displayed somewhere prominent." 

"I see you are enjoying helping Aegon open his gifts." viserys remarked, kissing her cheek, she leaned into him. 

"I am. These people dont know how to give gifts for children. My brothers and Larys are the only sensible ones, oh and Alicent of course." Regina declared. 

"Anything good?" Viserys pondered. 

"Lots of wine for us to celebrate after Aegon goes to bed." Regina agreed. 

"Lovely," Viserys wrapped his arms around her as he looked at the picture before them. "You have an eye for the finer things." 

"What do you mean love?" Regina countered as Larys quietly excused himself from their private moment. 

"The mirror with the stunning frame and this masterpiece." Viserys clarified. 

"lord Larys said the artist died recently." Regina remarked. 

"Thats a shame, he was a skilled man." Viserys offered touching the signature. "Any less dreary gifts?" He mused. 

"I think I saw some decadent looking caramel apples." Regina offered. 

"Oh decadent you say?" Viserys declared. "Sounds delightful." Regina chuckled. "Are you having fun my dearest?"

"I am when I'm with you." Regina confirmed. 

"Aegon looks happy." Viserys noted as Aegon shrieked out with delight himself whacking a toy around beating unsuspecting bystanders- sitters- with his new toy. "He's such a happy boy, everyone loves him. YOu can take credit for that, Rhaenyra is moody." Viserys admitted, chuckling. Regina fell more and more in love with him. She loved his smile as he looked at Aegon like he was the golden one. She fell deeper and deeper in love with him. Every passing breath it seemed. Viserys met her gaze and kissed her gently, keeping an arm around her. 

They listened to the people chatter happily, their voices a hum drowned out by all of Regina's thoughts. The music strummed like a soundtrack to regina's heart. The bongos beat in time with her heart. Regina kissed Viserys cheek as his head swayed ever so slightly to the beat of the music. 

"Viserys... I think its time the party comes to an end." Regina remarked. 

"Did have cake already?" Viserys questioned. "I want to snag a piece before-" She put her hands on his chest. 

"Aegon is tired and we have wine to drink.... in bed." Regina reminded him. 

"Yes, I'm not hungry." Viserys agreed kissing her. "Do we send them all away?" 

"My brother can handle them, come on, I will see if Alicent can put Aegon to bed." Regina offered heading off. viserys moved to the sweets table sticking a finger in a piece of cake like a child. He hummed his approval taking a piece as Regina moved to Aegon and Alicent. Viserys was licking frosting from his lips when Regina returned. 

"Ready?" Regina kissed him. "Grab me a piece, I think we are about to work up an appetite."