15. Vicious

Viserys kissed her long and deep and hard until she felt like she was running on the fringes of her emotions.

He kissed her and he didn't stop until there was a rude interruption of Rhaenyra barging in demanding to speak to her father. Alone. 

She looked back at him, unblinking, her moist lips parted just as his were, close enough he could still feel her breath on his mouth.

"Father." Rhaenyra demanded. 

"Whatever you have to say to me, you can say in front of my wife and queen." Viserys assured. 

"It's about her." Rhaenyra corrected and Regina tensed. 

"What?" Viserys countered. Regina was perfect, what would Rhaenyra have to complain about? Rhaenyra huffed a breath and started her spiel. Viserys quickly became angered at Rhaenyra's words as Regina sunk into herself.  

This whole clusterfuck happened because Regina thought she was doing the right thing for the right but maybe sketchy reason. Now wasn't that the irony? 

It was like a mini war zone. But instead of cannons firing and swords flinging through the air it was words. Words soaring, propelling through the air and slicing the victims confidence. 

Regina's lip quivered this wasnt what she wanted? She just wanted Rhaenyra to disappear into the sunset, live out her life far away instead Rhaenyra got it in her head that Regina was her evil step mother, the evil queen coming to destroy them. Regina hadnt even done anything yet. Yet. 

Regina felt so defeated and Rhaenyra didnt even seem to care that she was hurting Regina, Viserys shouted back at his daughter to show some respect. Regina was at least trying to be sneaky about her distrust of Rhaenyra, Rhaenyra was full blown dragon. 

"I should check on Aegon." Regina whispered running out as Rhaenyra kept shouting that Regina was the worst, regina was trying to manipulate him. Regina was a monster. Viserys did something he had never had to do before. 

"Go to your chambers Rhaenyra, you are grounded!" Viserys declared. Rhaenyra blinked back at him. 

"What?" Rhaenyra countered, she had never been grounded, what the hell was that?

"Go to your chambers, you will go to bed without supper." Viserys decided. 

"What?" Rhaenyra repeated still confused. 

"Your uncle Daemon used to get grounded by our father, it is a form of punishment. You still stay in your room and think about what you did, how you made Regina feel with your harsh and untrue words until I deem otherwise." Viserys decided. 

"Father!" Rhaenyra demanded. "She is trying to replace me! They all are!" Rhaenyra shouted. "ALicent even replaced me already!" 

"GO to you chambers." Viserys demanded. 

"Alicent got a new best friend, she doesnt want to fly with me because she is busy making new friends!" Rhaenyra hissed. 

"And why is that Regina's fault?" Viserys countered.

"It just is! This wasnt happening before she came." Rhaenyra demanded. 

"Rhaenyra," Viserys sighed. "I know things are changing but you can't this way towards Regina." Viserys begged. "She isnt the evil step mother, she isnt the villain here." Rhaenyra grumbled inaudibly to herself.  "I'm sorry that Alicent doesnt want to fly with you."

"I ask her all the time, she always says no." 

"Maybe she is scared of dragons." Viserys offered. "Maybe you spend too much time on your dragon and not enough on your studies." 

"Father-"

"Rhaenyra. I think you need to apologize to Regina." Viserys remarked. 

"I won't mean it." Rhaenyra countered honestly. Viserys grit his teeth. 

"Go to your chambers, you are still grounded." Viserys remarked. "Ser Criston! Take Rhaenyra to her chambers, she is to be under chamber arrest until I say otherwise." 

"Yes your grace." 

"This is so unfair!" Rhaenyra demanded. 

"Should have thought about that before you spoke such awful things about my wife and queen." Viserys countered following them out but he turned right instead of left and went to Aegons chambers. He was on the couch with Regina, babbling happily pointing at the hand drawn pictures in a book, making up a story of his own. 

"Regina my love," viserys hated to interrupt such a precious moment but he had to tell her how sorry he was. She glanced back at him and he saw the tears on her cheeks, he wiped them away. 

"Am I a monster?" Regina questioned. "I dont feel like a monster but maybe I'm not a good step mother?" 

"You are a wonderful mother." Viserys corrected. "I dont know what got into Rhaenyra. I'm so sorry about her, just ignore her. YOu are perfect, I love you, Aegon loves you, the people love you." Viserys assured. "I'm so sorry my dear, will you forgive me?"

"Its not your fault, you didnt say those mean things." Regina assured. 

"She is mad that Alicent made a new friend and she is taking all her problems out on you, it wasnt right of her. I feel ashamed to have raised a woman that could speak such ways." viserys remarked. 

"Alicent is scared of heights," Regina remarked. "I... I did tell her maybe to find another friend to hand out with on the ground, I didnt mean to get rid of Rhaenyra but she is always flying and Alicent was nervous to tell her, thought Rhaenyra would make fun of her and after that display I believe ALicent was right." Regina admitted. She shifted Aegon in her arms, finding comfort in his little self snuggled up against her. 

"We are not all born to fly." Viserys assured. "Rhaenyra was still wrong to say such things..." 

"Kiss it better." Regina suggested. "I'm not mad at you, I'm sad that Rhaenyra thinks such viciously towards me but I love you almost as much as I love Aegon." Regina assured. 

"I can manage with second best." viserys agreed kissing her. The mirror was right, Rhaenyra was going to be vicious.