25. Suspicious

Lovebomb/ Bronn out now!

"Everything is starting." Regina warned.

"What?" Larys whispered back. The throne room was filled, whispered voices echoed Daemon's name. Viserys stood ready to reprimand his brother.

"Everything is starting... THe mirror said that Daemon's return would be the start of my downfall, the start of Rhaenyra's revenge. This is when it all starts." Regina rasped. "I thought I had more time... but Rhaenyra isnt here yet, maybe the mirror was wrong, she has to be wrong, I just had Olyver."

"Um... I saw ships, the princesses ships returning." Larys added hesitantly.

"WHat?" Regina practically sobbed out.

Daemon walked forward with confidence though, the kings guard unsheathed their swords ready to attack, to protect their king

Daemon walked forward with confidence though, the kings guard unsheathed their swords ready to attack, to protect their king. A crown on Daemon's head he threw down his sword before them. Regina was a nervous mess. It was beginning.

'Add it to the chair.' He offered it clattered before Viserys as the crowd murmured with anticipation.

'You wear a crown.' Viserys noted. 'Do you also call yourself "King"?' he sneered.

"The mirror knows many a things." Larys agreed "but maybe she is wrong?"

"She wasnt wrong about two sons. She wasnt wrong about daemoms return." Regina whispered. "My downfall... its coming."

'Once we smashed the Triarchy, they named me "King of the Narrow Sea." Daemon informed him and the crowd murmured again, Daemon was no king. Everyone knew of his reputation. 'But I know that there is only one true king, Your Grace.' Daemon assured. 'My crown and the Step stones... are yours.'

'Well, where is Lord Corlys?' Viserys questioned hesitantly, Daemon was not one to bend the knee willingly.

'He sailed home to Driftmark.' Daemon told him

'Who holds the Step stones?' Viserys countered.

"What if viserys sends daemon away?" Regina pondered. "Then they both wouldnt be here to... to conspire against me and my children. Yes yes viserys just needs to send away daemon and the prophecy wont come to pass just yet." Regina decided she held larys hand. "Right?" Larys nodded.

"That is the hope." Larys agreed.

'The tides... the crabs, and 2,000 dead Triarchy corsairs, staked to the sand to warn those who might follow.' Daemon informed him. Viserys got closer to him and the crowd held its breath.

'Rise.' Viserys said hugging Daemon as he rose and the crowd applauded, there would not be war, but peace. 'The realm owes you a great debt, brother. Come. This is our chance...'

"Shit." Regina murmured. Larys followed her gaze to rhaenyra. "Its here. Its time. The mirror was right. I have to do something." Regina whimpered.

+

'Daemon, he would venture off, abroad, winning tournaments...'

'No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.' Daemon said immediately a smile on his face but Regina felt nauseous. Viserys smiled into her. She had told him previously that she would do anything for her brothers. He had sent supplies and ships to the step stones at her suggestion. She was foolish to think he would turn his own brother away now, when moons ago, she asked him how he could turn away from his brother?

'I will not revisit this debate. You were always mother's favorite.' Viserys told him.

'No, it's no great mystery.'

'You were.' Viserys assured 'Our mother, she had no regard for custom or tradition, rules. And I, sadly, was no great warrior.'

" do you have any other amazing qualities. Being a warrior is least impressive." Regina assured. " I love your beautiful mind." he smiled, kissing her cheek.

'Congratulations on your victory.' Rhaenyra said walking up to her family and Regina. Regina. Regina. Rhaenyra blamed her. Of course she did. Everything was fine until her father got remarried, and had a son.

'Thank you, Princess.' Daemon said kindly.

'Perhaps Prince Daemon would care for a tour of the gallery? He hasn't yet seen the new tapestries gifted to you by Norvos and Qohor.' Regina offered. Viserys kissed her cheek.

'Oh, oh. Would you like to see the tapestries?' Viserys questioned and the siblings burst out laughing. 'He has no interest in such things my love. He doesnt care for the finer things such as you and I."

"Clearly." Regina mumbled.

'I'd like to see them.' Rhaenyra said, for she had been gone on her royal tour of looking for a suitor for many moons.

'Oh, well, then you should not deprive yourself.' Viserys told her bitterly. He wasn't happy about her early return with no husband to be. He held to Regina as she leaned back into him.

'I shall enjoy them alone.' Rhaenyra said heading off.

'More wine. As I said, you were the favorite.' Viserys went on happily

'No, you were. You were. I insist.' Daemon mused.

"I was the favorite. Right otto?" Regina mused.

'I surmise the tour did not go well.' Alicent said walking over to Rhaenyra as she sat along on a bench staring at the gardens.

'I endured it for as long as I could.' Rhaenyra told her stiffly.

'To have every young knight and lord in the Seven Kingdoms fawning over you... What misery." Alicent mused hugging her. "It is rare for girls in this realm to get a choice between two suitors, no less two score of them.' Alicent reminded her.

'Those men and boys don't fawn over me. They only want my name and my Valyrian blood for their offspring.' Rhaenyra corrected

'I think it's rather romantic.' Alicent offered. "Aunt regina and the king fell in love..."

'How romantic it must be to get imprisoned in a castle and made to squeeze out heirs.' Rhaenyra corrected. "I hear I have another brother."

"Yes. They named him Olyver. He is the sweetest." Alicent agreed. "You should meet him. Hes-" rhaenyra scowled though. "They are sweet boys. I spend a lot of time with them... Regina is a good woman. A good queen. You need not worry about your position." Rhaenyra sighed glancing back at her her father and regina.

'How angry is he?' Rhaenyra questioned.

'The King went through great effort to arrange your tour. He is... frustrated. But I am glad you are home.' Alicent told her.

"Me too," rhaenyra agreed. "You ahould have come with. Given me some entertainment."

"I would have loved that!" Alicent declared.

"Next tour." Rhaenyra suggested. "Excuse me I have to find my uncle."

Regina watched Rhaenyra and Daemon together and her mind raced to them conspiring against her, trying to kill her children, take her crown, they noticed her stare and headed off, that was suspicious as well. Regina believed the mirror but what was she supposed to do?