7. Beautiful Mystery

I Can See You / Gendry Waters out now!

"I see you got my present." 

Regina spun around and stared back at Larys Strong. 

"You got me the mirror?" Regina questioned curiously. 

"I did. I heard the king saying how much you liked it." Larys remarked. "I'm glad to hear."

"It's... magical." Regina offered carefully. 

"It works for you?" Larys whispered getting closer. 

"You know?" Regina questioned getting closer again. 

"I do." larys agreed. "I thought the queen would need a bit of help and what better than magic?"

"She's a moody one." Regina remarked. Larys chuckled. 

"Said to take on the person they are mirroring." Larys offered. Regina cocked her head at him. 

"Calling your queen moody lord Larys?" Regina sassed. 

"No, never." Larys assured. 

"How did you find such a thing?" Regina questioned curiously. 

"I am a maester of whispers. I hear many things, some are nonsense but some are... beautiful mysteries waiting to be uncovered." Larys offered. 

"Did you get it to work?" Regina questioned. 

"Only for a moment maybe, it seemed to look back at me but then it was gone." Larys remarked. "Might I... see it in action?"

"It didnt work when I showed Otto." Regina corrected. "She... she seemed to know my brother was against magic." 

"It is in a sense a crystal ball, a fortune teller," Larys offered. 

"She likes riddles." Regina remarked. 

"You had conversations with her?"  Larys questioned amazed. 

"Many." Regina agreed. "But she doesnt really tell me anything useful before she leaves." 

"Might we try?" Larys questioned. Regina nodded leading him to her chambers. SHe moved to the mirror putting a hand on the mirror. 

"Mirror Mirror, come out and play." Regina requested. She stared back at her reflection before looking to Larys. "She's shy," Regina offered but Larys gaze was fixated on the two regina's staring back at him. 

"No, she's not." Larys corrected breathlessly. Regina snapped back around to the mirror and the mirror smiled waving at Regina. 

"You free me." The mirror said looking to larys. "You freed me from my cage."

"I bought you." larys agreed. "I... I heard of you, did you come out for me before?" 

"I did but I knew where I was going, I didnt want you changing your mind once you saw the magic I held." The mirror agreed. 

"Amazing." Larys whispered. 

"Ask her something." Regina offered. 

"I don't know what to ask." Larys admitted. 

"MIrror, mirror, will I have a boy or girl?" Regina questioned bringing a hand to her stomach.

"A boy. The king will name him Aegon after the conqueror." The mirror answered. Regina smiled back at Larys. "You need to show him love or else he will turn into a monster worse than I." 

"You are not a monster." Regina corrected. The mirror image smiled back at her innocently. 

"Thats what you think." she mirror image agreed before it was just a reflection again. 

"Amazing." Larys whispered touching the glass. His face stared back at him. "Mirror, mirror..." 

"It scared me to death when-"

"Regina- Lord Larys..." Viserys remarked confused. 

"Viserys, Larys got me the mirror. I was just thanking him." Regina remarked. Viserys calmed down nodding as Regina moved to him kissing his cheek. 

"Thank you, lord larys. It was a beautiful gift." Viserys agreed. 

"I'm glad the queen likes it so much." Larys added. He glanced back at it before looking to Viserys and Regina. "I will leave you to it." Larys offered. 

"Thank you lord Larys. I might call upon you again for cleaning of such a fine artifact." Regina added and Larys nodded knowingly. 

"Of course.  I would be happy to help." Larys agreed. "Good day your grace." Viserys peered in the mirror, Regina wrapped her arms around him resting her chin on his shoulder. 

"It's just so beautiful." Regina whispered in his ear.

"I think the woman standing in the mirror is even more so." Viserys corrected turning to face her. Hooded eyes stared back at her as Viserys kissed along her neck. 

"This baby is going to be here before you know it." Viserys whispered trailing a hand under her dress skirts. Regina's gaze stuck on the mirror as she fixed her hair. 

Regina knew it was foolish but she trusted the mirror, when this baby came if it was a boy she would know for certain that the mirror was magical.