20. Frosting

Paris / Ted Lasso out now!

&

Reputation to Protect out now!

As they stepped out of the carriage they crowd cheered for their prince. Regina smiled looking around. Crowds gathered this was a second party of the day and he was only two years old. She was amazed at the extent the realms celebrated for her little boy.

'Hail, hail Aegon, the Conqueror-Babe, Second of His Name! Here's to His Grace on his second name day!' the crowd continued to cheer as Aegon was lifted up.

Aegon reached out for regina shaking his head. He didn't like being up that high. He didn't like all the new people. Once they got inside she would find him some cake he would smear it all over his cute little face and all would be right in the world. She knew it. Because she knew her son.

Aegon sat babbling in Reginas lap as Alicent blushed talking to a knight by the punch bowl. Regina couldnt help but think that alicent would be wed soon enough and otto would be a grandsire. Heavens his hair was already turning grey.

'Lady Johanna was reported to have been abducted when one of Lord Swann's ships sailed through the Stepstones.' Ceira Lannister remarked.

'What will happen to Lady Johanna?' Regina questioned. She knew that part of being queen meant fibbing. Pretending to care when she didn't she liked getting all dressed up she liked everyone seeing her she like their smiles and their compliments but for as much as he said she spoke to all the different people all the different lords and ladies nights should a hard time remembering any of their names or faces. She met so many was hard to keep track so she stopped trying to keep track. So right now she was pretending to remember this woman that was abducted. She was sure that she met her at one of them to another.

'She's to be sold to a pillow house in the Free Cities if you believe the rumors.' Ciera told her. 

"And if runors are not believed to be true?" Regina countered with a smirk as Larys came in.

'I fear the gods did not make me for hunting. Might I sit with you, my ladies?' Larys questioned comingnup to the chattering women.

'But of course. Please join us. Larys." Regina agreed. He smiled back at. "Ladies this is the lovely Larys Strong, the youngest son of our Master of Law, Lord Lyonel.' Regina remarked. Lovely, larys thought fondly as he stared back at the queen.

'My Lord husband says that no King has even been able to tame the Stepstones for long. It's an inhospitable place suited only for savages.'

Of course the other women didnt care of larys. He wasn't a knight like his brother he wasn't tall and that manly sort of handsome like his brother. But Regina liked him he was sweet and he got her the most magical gift that just kept on giving.

'Perhaps the Princess... can give us some insight.' Ceira remarked as they looked to Rhaenyra in the doorway.

'Oh, I'm not sure how I could. I've never been to the Stepstones.' Rhaenyra reminded them. 

'Your dear uncle is the great mind behind this war. Is he not?' Ceira questioned.

'I wouldn't know. I've not spoken to Daemon in years.' Rhaenyra told her bitterly.

'Since you supplanted him as heir.' Ceria corrected. Regina cleared her throat. Believe the mirror or not to believe the mirror? Where Daemon Targaryen and his ever hormonal and moody niece going to be the death of her? Maybe staying on her good side for now was better.

'Daemon made his choices, Lady Ceira. The Princess was more suited to the role.' Regina said kindly. Rhaenyra nodded to her.

'He's made a mess and the King must put an end to it.' Joselyn Redwyne remarked.  'Send fleets and men and clear out the Triarchy for good.'