21. Sensitive

"Are you worried?" Larys questioned as Rhaenyra ran off. 

"ABout what?" Regina countered resting her clasped hands on her stomach. 

"If what the mirror had to say about Rhaenyra is true." Larys offered gently. 

"I believe with all of Rhaenyra's recent outbursts that the mirror is probably right. Why tell us otherwise?" Regina agreed. "Excuse me, larys I should check on Viserys, he is very sensitive when it comes to Rhaenyra and her moody behavior as of late hasnt been helping him." 

"Of course, my queen." Larys agreed as she waddled off. 

'What happened back there?' Criston questioned when he caught up with Rhaenyra. 

'My father... trying to sell me off to Jason Lannister.' Rhaenyra told him miserably. 'Was... was I named heir to the Iron Throne so that I might only further raise the standing of a Lord of Casterly Rock?'

'Do you want me to kill him?' Criston offered and Rhaenyra chuckled debating it 'We should return to camp, Princess.'

"Viserys honey, are you alright?" Regina coed. 

"Rhaenyra..." Viserys muttered. 

"I know she is being difficult... maybe she just needs some time away from the capital." Regina pondered. Thinking that if Rhaenyra left, she recalled Prince Maekar sending away his son to Lys after he was bested in a trial of the seven by Ser Duncan the tall, maybe Rhaenyra just needed to go away for a while. A really long while and then the prophecy wouldnt come to pass and Regina wouldnt have to think about the unthinkable.

"I dont know... she is my daughter." Viserys countered. 

"And I adore Rhaenyra. She is my step daughter and I just want whats best for you both." Regina assured running a hand down his arm. Viserys nodded. "But she is sucking the life out of you my love." Regina informed him. 

"She is, isnt she?" Viserys agreed through a pained smile. "Oh Regina..." He held onto her. "You are the one thing that makes sense in this world."

"ANd I'm always going to be here for you." Regina assured. He smiled brushing her hair behind her ear. 

"It seems the Gods are going to show their favor, Regina." Viserys offered. "The droppings... a white hart. It's a sign." 

"Even if it isnt a white Hart, it is still a good day because I'm with you." Regina had to fake a lot with everyone else but there were three people to whom she truly got to be herself around. Viserys. Her loving wonderful husband. Otto, her over protective, caring brother. Larys, her one true friend in the capital it seemed. SO as she might have pretended with the ladies of the court, acted the part of queen and did her due diligence, with Viserys, Otto and Larys she spoke honestly and truthfully. 

+

'Your Grace... I had this forged in the Golden Gallery in honor of Prince Aegon.' Jason said coming up to Viserys and Regina. Aegon babbled at Regina's feet. 

'It's quite a thing.' Viserys said as Jason handed off the spear.

"A spear for a child of two?" Regina countered. "What would aegon do with a spear?" she tsked. Viserys chuckled. "Poke an eye out." Jason cleared his throat. 

'I hope it might provide the killing stroke against your white hart." Jason clarified.  "The King of the Kings wood. It's as if the Seven themselves have blessed this day.''

''Thank you... for your generosity.' Viserys told him but Jason was not done.

"Spear for a child." Regina murmured. "Excuse me." She got up peering through the presents with Aegon. "Does no one know how to shop for a child?" Regina questioned. She held up artifacts and jewels, small enough for Aegon to choke on. SHe held up weapons and rings. She tsked shaking her head. Since when did the name day boy not get any real presents?