92: The Soul Hashira

You bit your lip as a wave of sadness take over you. Thick tears started running down your cheeks. The dull pain on your head from where Otsune had hit you─cannot compare to the pain in your heart that you're feeling right now.

"Luckily, I've made it just in time to stop you. Taiyo has already lost his father; it would be ashame if he also loses his mother." Otsune says, more to herself than you.

You closed your eyes and whimpered as the thought of your baby. Your sweet, sweet baby boy, whom you'd left back at the Butterfly Estate.

You weren't thinking straight; so consumed by your grief of losing your beloved Kyōjurō that you were just about to choose death and leave everything, and everyone you loved behind.

You're a fool.

But...it hurts so much.

You'd felt numb.

Kyōjurō─your heart; your best friend; your wonderful husband─is gone.

You'll never see that beautiful, warm smile again. You'd give anything to hear his boisterous voice or his complementary "Umai." His playful banter; his warm lips on yours and how they always fit perfectly. The intimacy when the two of you made love. The way you trusted each other with complete vulnerability. And the way you loved with reckless abandon.

That feeling is gone for good.

"O-Obachan!" You sob, before quickly getting up and embracing your Obachan.

Otsune smiles sympathetically, her arms wrapping around You as you completely broke down. You couldn't hold back anymore. You let out everything out as your broken cries and sobs echoed throughout the valley. Nearby, Tanjiro, Zenitsu, Nezuko, Inosuke, and the Kakushi couldn't help but cry as well.

Indeed, it was heart-wrenching seeing and hearing you cry over Kyōjurō that they couldn't do anything except feel extremely sorry for you.

You held onto Otsune as if your life depended on it; your entire body trembling with your sobs.. You let out that you think you'd never meet or love anyone the same way you did Kyōjurō. You'd do anything to have your husband back. To feel him; kiss him; and hear him say "I love you" one more time.

Lord knows you weren't ready to say goodbye to the most beautiful man to ever grace your life.

"There, there, (Name)." The kind elderly woman says, patting and rubbing your back to soothe you, "let it all out."

She wasn't just talking to you, but everyone! Everyone who'd been holding it in and grieving over the loss.

"Obachan..K-Kyō...he...h-he's gone.." You say in-between sobs.

"Shh~ it's okay, it's okay," Otsune whispered as she continue to hold you close. "Just let it go! Don't ever be ashamed to cry!"

You sobbed harder like a two year old; your body cold like an ice cube wrapped in cloth as small specs of snowflakes fell from the sky.

You wanted to scream; you wanted to punch a wall; you wanted go after the demon that took your husband's life. But all you can do is hang your head down and cry─your sobs creating a solemn melody, joined by the harmony of Tanjiro 'em own cries.