7

An: prom will be next chapter

With prom coming up, I almost forgotten that today I get to see if I got in to USC.
The school day could not go any slower. Before 4th period, me and Ethan talked.
"Hey, Adrianna don't you find out if you get into that college?" Ethan asks.
"Yup! Today will practically determine my future." I reply, smiling. I don't know if Ethan could tell I was nervous.

"It would be dumb for them to not accept you." He says to me, pulling me in for a kiss.

*After school.*
When I got home, I got a notification from my phone, I opened up my email. There it was. The  letter! I contemplated wether or not to open it for that seemed like forever, but in reality was 5 minutes. I finally decided to click on it, and...
I GOT IN!
"AHHHH I GOT IN!!!!!" I announce, so loud I bet our neighbors could hear it.

My Mom quickly comes up to my room and opens the door.
"Is everything ok, hun?" She asks.
"I GOT IN!!!" I exclaim, while running up to hug her.
"Congratulations hun!!! I'm so proud of you. I knew you'd get in. It truly is a great college and I think you will love it."  My mom says to me.
The next morning, before I leave for school, my Mom stops to tell me something.
"Nalini, Devis Mom told me Devi got in to ALL of the Ivy's." My mother said to me with a very shocked expression on her face.
"Really?! That's awesome!" I exclaim, I knew it would be a big deal in our friend group, but when I got to school, Devi seemed really nervous anytime someone brought it up.

"Devi, are you alright? I mean, you got in to ALL the Ivy's. You must be filled with joy! ... Right?" I ask.
She nods.
"Yeah... Totally. It's super cool...beans?..." She was unsure of what she just said. She always did stuff like that when she was nervous, or lying. I know because we have been friends for years.
"Oh, wait, Fab, didin't you apply somewhere?" I ask.
"Oh, ummm..... Yeah..  but Devi won't like it."
"Why? What is it?!" She asks.
"Yale." Fab replies.
"Why won't I like that?"
"Erm.. because of how Connecticut is spelled!"
"You're right! Dang silent t!"

(I know that's not when that scene happens)

An: prom chapter will be next I promise