17

I wake up early. It was the first day of summer. Me, Fabiola, Eleanor, and Devi planned on going to the beach that morning. I get out of bed and hop into the shower. When I get out the shower, I blow dry, and straighten my hair. Then I do my makeup. Since it's going to be ruined by the ocean, I just do a little bit of lip gloss and a clear brow gel. I pick out an outfit to wear over my swimsuit.

*Comment your swimsuit*
To wear over my swimsuit, I pick a pair of sweat shorts, and a baggy tee. I had downstairs, eat breakfast, and
I pack a lunch to eat at the beach, fill up my water bottle and get to the car.

I Open my phone to put on a playlist, when I see a text from the girls group chat. Devi was asking what time I would pick her and the girls up.
"9:00 am, I'm on the way right now."
I respond.
I put on my playlist, start the car and drive to Devis house.

*30 minutes later*
I had picked all of the girls up and now it was time to go to the beach, it was about a 45-minute drive so we mostly listened and snag along to our favorite songs, until Devi asked a question that turned the car to complete silence.

"So, are you and Ethan still broken up?"
Devi asks. It was almost as if she maybe wanted to date him now that She thought we were still broken up. Maybe I was just overthinking though.

"Erm, no, actually he told me the whole story about how he didn't kiss her first,  it's a long story, actually. but I do forgive him and we are together now." I respond.
She nods, she looks pretty bummed out. Again, may be overthinking, but I really hope she wasn't thinking of asking him out. That's like girl code 101. Non of us would do that. Well, I hope.
We continued the drive, Devi's question kinda squashed the fun.
*At the beach*
Me and Fab load the chairs out of the trunk, along with Eleanor, she took the cooler. Devi grabbed the umbrella. We walked to the beach, and found a spot.
Me and Fab went immediately to go swim. We loved swimming. Devi and Eleanor went to sit down, since Eleanor needed help practicing for an audition.

After a few hours, we decided to leave the beach. I had got a bit of a tan, since I also laid on the sand, to tan.
The drive home was also silent. On the way home, we stopped to get froyo, I of course got my favorite, (comment favorite flavor.)
After about an hour and a half, I finally had dropped everyone off, don't get me wrong, I loved spending time with my friends, but I don't like driving for too long. But I had to continue, I had a date with Ethan. The local carnival is in town, so we decided to go, since we were just broke teens and couldn't really afford to go to a fancy restaurant. so I drove home real quick, with an hour to spare. I shower, to wash all the sand and ocean water off of me. Then, I put on an outfit. A floral romper with a tie in the back. I put on a little bit of makeup. Concealer, a nude lip, brow gel, mascara. (If you'd prefer to wear, or do different makeup, comment what you'd do.)
Then, I quickly head to my car, and drive to the carnival. After a few minutes, I arrive and look around for Ethan. After about 5 minutes of looking around, I realize I should call Ethan.
I sit on a bench, unlock my phone and dial his number.

*Riing*
*Riing*
*Riing*
*Riing*

"Hello?"
"Ethan, where are you?"
"Hmm?"
"Our date? I've been looking for you for 5 minutes!"
"Oh... Shit. Uhm i-"
"You forgot, didin't you?"
Before he can answer, I hang up. We had just gotten back together and he decided to pull this crap. I was really disappointed in him. I head home, realizing it's not hope. I change into some pajamas, and put on a movie. During the movie, I take out my phone to vent to someone. Sometimes I do that. I notice at the top of my phone, a long text from Ethan. I click on it and read it.

"Adrianna, I'm really, really sorry. I know I've fucked up alot, and you probably don't want to hear it. My promises probably mean nothing to you, and that's fair. But, I promise I will never miss another date again. I love you and I need to realize I'll never find someone else like you. I love you, and I promise to make more of an effort into our relationship and spend more time with you before we head off to college."

I respond.

"I love you too, and I hope you keep your promise. I forgive you. Maybe we can try again tomorrow."