Chapter 7

Daniels room is the other side of the house to mine so I don't actually come over this side much. His door is a dark oak colour which is quite pretty. His room is larger than ours with a massive bed. I'm assuming it's so they can all fit together. His floor is a light grey, and the walls are of course a forest green. You walk into the room facing the bed with the back wall almost completely filled with windows. He has a large ottoman at the end of his bed and big fluffy black rug. On the left of the room is a chest of draws and a desk with a comfy looking office chair and the right has a sliding door to the bathroom. There is also a wardrobe on the wall with next to the entry door.

I sit on the ottoman and play with the sleeves of my top while running my feet over the rug. Its so soft and soothing to play with. I don't know how long it is but eventually he walks into the room and pauses when he sees me.

"You could have gotten into bed Elliot."

"I wasn't sure which side of the bed was yours. And I wasn't sure if you were okay with my just being in a top and boxers."

"That's fine. You can sleep in this side,"

He says pointing over my left shoulder. I nod and get up, pulling back the covers back and sliding in. I lay on my side facing away from his side of the bed and close my eyes, just listening to him move around his room. The sliding doors squeak a little when he opens them and his tap kind of hisses when he first turns it on.

"Do you need to sleep with the light on Elliot?"

"No. My demons will chase me just the same."

I feel the bed dip behind me though only faintly because of how much space there is between us, and he clicks off the light.

"If you need me, just reach over to me Elliot."

I don't answer and just huddle under the blankets more. I listen to Daniel's breathing get slower and deeper and I let it lull me to sleep. I hope I don't wake him up with my nightmares.

I open my eyes and I'm the cage in my father's room. I have to curl up to fit in it and my wrists are chained to the corner so I can't get out. I hear stomps coming up the stairs, father is angry. This is bad. He always hurts me more when he's in a bad mood. As he opens the bedroom door I hear him undoing his belt, the clinking of the metal has me whimpering.

"oh, shut up you faggot. Seems like you haven't learnt your lesson yet so maybe ill have to teach it to you again."

No. no. no. No.

"NO"

I fly up in bed and I feel arms wrap around me causing me to cry out.

"Shhh Elliot it's okay. It's okay."

The voice behind me is deep with sleepiness and the arms around me are slowly rocking me.

"It's Daniel. You are here with me. You are safe."

I turn and wrap my arms around him, straddling him in the process and just cry into his shoulder.

"I hate him for what he did to me."

Daniel lays down with me on his chest and runs his fingers through my hair.

"I hate him too. No one should go through what you did. No one should be seventeen and be afraid of life."

I snuggle into him further and tangle our legs together.

"I might regret it in the morning, but can I stay like this tonight?"

He simply wraps his arms around my shoulders as a response and I fall asleep quickly to the sound of his heart underneath me. When I open my eyes next its light outside and I hear the birds chirping in the trees outside the window. Looking at the bedside table I see that its 11am. I never sleep in this late. Flashes of last night spring to my brain. Being in someone's arms actually soothed me. I thought that when Slater held me before it freaked me out. But I was okay holding River yesterday, and it was nice to fall asleep with Daniel after my nightmare. I don't even remember dreaming when I went back to sleep. It was actually quite blissful.

After climbing off the bed, I swear even Daniel and Slater would have to climb out because of how big the bed it, I make it and head to my room for a shower. The hot water soothes my muscles quickly. I forgot how much panic attacks and nightmares hurt. When I had finished I dried off a bit and wrapped a towel around my waist before opening my door to find River sat on my bed. They had a paci in today.

"You feeling real small beanie?"

I got a nod and a blush.

"I need to put some clothes on, so you had better close your eyes."

I slide my boxers on under my towel because I can see River not so secretly looking at me from in between their fingers. I choose black skinnies, a black and white knitted jumper and some black platform vans.

"How do I look?"

"Yummy!"

"Let's go find everyone. Do you know where they are?"

They point to the window,

"outy, outy."

I giggle at their words and carry then down the stairs and outside through the kitchen. Though I wasn't quite prepared to see what I did.