Chapter 22

Lewis is sitting in the corner of his room with a bloody towel in his hand and cuts and bruises all over his chest. He has even marred some of his tattoos with cuts.

"Do any of those require medical treatment?"

He shakes his head before putting it into his hands and whimpering.

"What would you like to do? Talk about it, not talk about it? We could veg out for a few hours?"

He sniffles before walking to his wardrobe and lifting down an old shoe box before taking out a worn leather collar and putting the box back away. He kneels between my legs and offers me his collar, looking down at the ground. I take it from him and gently run my fingers over the soft seams.

"I know we use buttercup as a safe word for everyone but I want something specific for when you want your collar on or off."

He doesn't even lift his head before he states,

"Control."

"Works for me, pet."

I say as I fasten the worn leather around his throat, making him look up so I can ensure that it isn't too tight.

"Do you know what kind of play you want to do when you submit like this? Kitty, puppy, fox or something of the like?"

"Puppy."

"You're such a good little puppy for answering my questions."

His chest rumbles with the compliment and I thread my fingers through his hair, he needs to get it cut again, his ashen roots showing beneath the faded purple.

"I know that I spent the night with River but I would be more comfortable if the three of us were together. Is that okay?"

He nods and sighs, fully relaxing into his puppy role.

"Can you be a good puppy and take River downstairs and to the dining room? I will come and make us some food but I need to check on Daniel and Slater."

He growls in what I'm assuming is meant to be a menacing way,

"They don't deserve you checking on them."

"Enough. Go."

He huffs before getting up and putting a hoodie on to hide his marks before leaving his room. I hear him knock on River's door before they make their way downstairs. tears are running down my face by the time I get to Daniels door. I don't bother knocking. Daniel was right about the soundproofing because the room is a state, furniture thrown about, holes in the wall. Even a broken window. Slater is asleep on the bed with busted hands so it's safe to say he's the cause of the chaos. Daniel is sitting in the corner rocking, vomit down his front from his extreme emotion. He sees me and starts wailing,

"I'm sorry Master, I'm so sorry. Please, I'm sorry."

I wipe my eyes and pick up some fresh clothes for him before taking his hand and leading him to the bathroom. I start the bath before turning back to him and taking his dirty clothes off, throwing them into the corner. He's messed himself completely so I have to wipe him before I lower him into the bath. He relaxes a little in the water but the tears don't stop. He's actually opened some wounds on his face from all the crying and wiping. After getting him clean and dry I add some cream to his face before dressing him and taking him back to his room. Slater is awake when we get back.

"Elli..."

I just shake my head at him before tucking Daniel into bed. He's still murmuring sorry as he falls asleep. I go back to the bathroom and get the first aid kit out from under the sink before sitting in front of Slater and opening my hand. He places his own in it before looking away from me. I clean and wrap both his hands before also tucking him in. I hesitate at the door,

"When he wakes up I want you to both write a letter talking about your feelings. I'm going to get the others to do the same. We will be talking about it over dinner."

I don't wait to hear a response before closing the door and heading downstairs. I make the three of us some lunch and we eat quietly before moving to the living room. River settles on my lap and Lewis kneels next to me. After a few episodes of born to kill I cleared my throat.

"I want you both to write letters about your feelings and what you want out of this situation. the five of us are going to sit and talk at dinner."

Lewis's head whips round to look at me.

"I'm not doing shit with them."

I give him a stern look and lean forward so our faces are close.

"You will write a letter. And you will sit there and listen to them. I will not let this corruption progress past today. So get a pen and paper, or the notes app on your phone and write down your feelings. If after this talk you still wish to 'not do shit with them' then we can decide where you will go and what you will do. Am. I. Clear?"

He clears his throat and looks down,

"Yes Owner."

He turns back around and gets his phone. River has already started and I lean back rubbing my hands down my face. I'm not stable enough to do shit right now but I know that if I let myself crumble then I will take the house down with me.

"Dada?"

"Yeah Bean."

"Can I decorate my letter?"

"You're done already?"

"Mhm. I know what I want to say."

"Then sure thing beanie. Just make sure you can read what you've written."

Before long they are settled at the table and I'm opening Daniels door again. They are sitting holding hands on the bed with paper in front of them.

"Come to the dining room please."

When the three of us settle with me at the head of the table the tension is almost electric. Lets just hope this doesn't blow the fuck up.