Chapter 5

"Honestly, I don't understand why people get so worked up about a little murder!"

—Patricia Highsmith

LISA

"BITCH!" I yelled, as I grabbed my thigh. This was the second time this woman—this goddamn cursed wife of mine—had shot me. The bullet grazed my inner thigh, but it still hurt like a motherfucker...damn her. If it weren't for her damn silencer, the whole goddamn hotel would have heard. I had noticed both Nickhun and Victoria make their escape.

"Now you have a matching set." She glared, and without thinking, I lunged for her legs like a damned linebacker forcing her to the ground and pinning her arms down.

"You're getting on my last damn nerve woman!" I hollered as she clawed at me.

"I could say the same about you!"

"I swear to God almighty, if you do not calm the fuck down, I will beat the shit out of you." Great now I sounded like a wife beater. However, she wasn't any woman, she was Jennie. Even the devil pitied me.

She glared up at me with a rage so deep, her brown eyes looked pure black. She struggled, trying to push me away, but despite her skills, she was still much smaller than I was.

Finally, I thought, when it looked like she had given up, but like a damn piranha, the bitch bit my bottom lip so hard I could taste blood. In that moment, I released her hands, and she took the opportunity to punch me in the throat before kicking me off of her.

"Swear to whatever God you want," she hissed, right before stretching out her legs to kick me.

I grabbed one and slammed her into a wall. She reached for the lamp and threw it at my head. Reacting quickly, I ducked only to come back up to have her foot collide with my jaw.

Wiping the blood from my chin, I was done. When she tried to kick me again, I grabbed onto her arm and pulled her into me before ramming her body right into the mirror. It shattered on impact. Liked a damned snake, she wrapped her body around mine, squeezing tightly, making it almost impossible for me to shake her loose.

Spinning to another wall, I again rammed her back against it and her hold on me slipped just enough for me to push her back. Gripping onto her neck, I held my gun to her skull.

The look in her eyes haunted me; they were no longer dark, but full of a pain that was killing her anger, and chipping away at mine.

"Do it," she demanded. "Pull the trigger, Lisa."

"You're insane," I told her before kissing her hard. She had to be insane to think I would ever want to kill her; that I would even consider pulling the trigger...that I would ever betray her. I wanted nothing more than to make her calm down, to let her know I loved her. She was just too damn hard-headed and emotional...just like I knew she would be.

Her dress at this point was all but ripped on both sides. However, I pulled from the top, ripping it open like a jacket. Snapping her bra off, I threw it right next to the dress. It looked better on the ground anyway.

"You really have a problem with my clothing," she said, breaking our kiss as she wrapped her legs around me.

"I do." There was no point in lying. "So stop wearing it around me."

Before she could speak, I thrust myself inside of her and her back arched up against the wall as she pulled on my hair.

"Ahh—" Her mouth opened while her body shook in shock and pleasure.

As much as I loved her, I was still pissed that she shot me...again. I still wanted to beat the shit out of her, but I would've gladly fuck her senseless instead.