Chapter 24

"Actions are the first tragedy in life, words are the second. Words are perhaps the worst. Words are merciless..."

—Oscar Wilde

VICTORIA

I used to hate hospitals. Everyone was either dying or dead. Yet, right now I felt like I was going to die from excitement. Or nervousness.

"What has you looking like a megawatt light bulb?" Mina asked, sitting across from me and calmly checking her phone.

"What?"

"Your face. You look like you're about to break out into a show tune. Which is a little twisted seeing as Jen is losing her baby again."

She was such a bitch.

"Mina, you don't know that," Bambam whispered, sitting up in his plastic chair.

"She was bleeding, and curled up in a ball, I'm sure every news outlet is talking by now..."

"Unless you've magically gone to medical school in the last two hours, shut up, Mina. You don't know shit," I couldn't help but snap at her.

She drove me insane.

Rolling her eyes at me, she frowned. "I forgot, you're her little lackey. I wonder how long that will last when she plans to kill your father."

"Mina, enough." Bambam grabbed her arm.

She looked him dead in the eyes. "You were going to kill him, weren't you? From wherever you were hiding, you were going to kill him at the end of the night."

"This is not the time or the place for this," he hissed at her.

"For what? To discuss your loyalty? Because apparently you can't even stand up for me, your wife. Other men would move heaven and earth. You on the other hand, don't give a damn. It's all about twisted fucking Jen, and now karma is biting her in the ass. So let go of me," she yelled, pulling her arm away and forcing him to let go. She went to rise, but before she could leave, Nickhun made his way over.

He smiled, running his hands through his hair. "She's fine. So is their son."

"A boy?" I jumped up into his arms. "Evelyn must be in overdrive right now."

"Who says God doesn't have favorites?" Mina sneered before walking off to some random part of the hospital.

"Tell Lisa I said congrats," Bambam said, shaking Nickhun's hand before following his wife.

"Mina is driving me up the wall," I whispered, holding onto him.

Kissing my nose, he just smiled.

"What?"

"Jen is fine. We're in a hospital with all types of devices that can find out whether or not you're pregnant," he whispered.

Biting my lip, I nodded as he led me to the front desk.

"Is there anyway we can get a pregnancy test done now?" He winked at the woman who could only smile and nod.

"If I am, Evelyn is going to have a heart attack if we tell her now." I could just see her face; not able to process the information we were telling her before she jumped me.

"Then we'll tell her later and make it our little secret for now." He grinned, kissing my cheek.

MINA

It's not fair. I was always the one being shit on. I was always the one watching as everyone else moved forward while I was pulled back. Jen was a evil bitch! She broke every law; every commandment under God, yet still, her life was perfect. Her life was just the way she wanted it to be.