Chapter 17

"I'll kill you in a few minutes. It'll be good for you."

—Frederick Weisel

LISA

"Are we staying in the castle?" Victoria asked, grinning out the plane window. "I haven't been back there since we got married."

I turned to stare at my brother, who smiled so widely I was surprised his teeth didn't fall out as he watched Victoria in her own personal wonderland.

Apparently they were doing well.

"I'm not sure. Boss?" He turned to me.

Rolling my eyes, I shook my head, knowing they would not be happy with where we were going to be staying.

There was silence throughout our large cabin. We were only three hours into an eight-hour flight to Bangkok, and I knew I was going to lose my mind.

I should have gotten a larger plane.

After Myoi was president, I was taking Air Force One, damn it.

"Lisa," my mother said slowly, breaking away from her private conversation with my father to address me.

"Don't tell me..." Marco trailed off, straightening his tie as he glared into the side of my skull. I could feel the rage he was trying to bottle up.

"Don't tell him what?" Victoria glanced between us, as if she was seeing two very different outcomes of my answer.

Nickhun glared, his eyes narrowing, body stiffening, but he nodded.

"Lisa..."

"We're staying at Shamus' house in the village," I snapped, pinching the bridge of my nose. For the love of Christ, why couldn't they shut up?

"Shamus' house?" Victoria repeated softly. "As in, Shamus, who's everyone believes was murdered in our house, the man who lives in the hills with his men...his very loyal men."

I glared at her. "No, Victoria. I mean Shamus, the ghost of mafia past. What the fuck?"

She frowned, leaning back into her seat, causing Nickhun's eyebrow to twitch as he stared at me.

However, there was a small snicker from the woman in front of me. Glancing at her, I noticed she hadn't been sleeping like I thought.

"I didn't know you were awake." I sat up, grabbing her hand.

She rolled her eyes at me. "Who could sleep with all the noise you people are making."

"My pregnant wife could." I replied, causing her to pinch my wrist. Taking her other hand, I kissed them before sitting back.

"So, Shamus' house..." She smiled, leaning back as well. "A bit morbid, don't you think?"

I couldn't help but groan, hearing a few 'thank-yous' from the peanut gallery that was my family.

"Not you too, wife."

"Morbid, but not bad. After all, the Romans killed and made it their own home—"

"Yes and the Roman Empire fell," my father cut her off sharply, causing the smiles on both of our faces to drop as we turned to him.

My mother shook her head at him, flipping through her magazine as if there wasn't a possibility that I would take a dagger to the side of my own father's face.

"Yes," Jen stated, her eyes cold. "The Roman Empire did fall, and yet we still have all the glory. The very suits you wear, the shoes on your feet, are made from where?" she trailed off. "You are not powerful unless you have something."