Chapter 33

"The value of marriage is not that adults produce children, but that children produce adults."

—Peter De Vries

LISA

I watched him. I couldn't help it. He was just so tiny. I could hold him with just one hand. I hadn't slept in hours...days? Who gave a shit, I had a son. He was here in my arms, drooling. He'd been in the world for only six hours, yet still I couldn't imagine a moment without him.

"Lisa, please, stop hogging him," My father huffed, moving to stand behind me. "The old folks would like to hold him before we die."

"Be careful," I hissed, slowly transferring him into Marco's arms.

"Hello, little one," he said to him, and once again, my son just waved his arms around in his sleep, as if he wasn't used to all the space around him. "Your mom says I have to be careful, but forgets that I once held her and her brothers like this. Thankfully you got your looks, and hopefully your smarts from your mother."

"I'm right here." I rolled my eyes at him as he walked over to the couch next to Jen's bed. She was only partially asleep, watching my father and me through barely opened eyes. She had only taken short naps; surely she needed more sleep.

"Love," I murmured, brushing her hair back before kissing her head. "Sleep. You not only need it, but deserve it."

She smiled, her eyes closing as she reached for my hands, which rested on the side of her face. "I know, and I want to, but I'm afraid. What if I miss something or he needs something? He'll be hungry again soon. It's been a few hours since I fed him."

That was probably the most awe-inspiring thing I had ever seen in my life. Before I could say anything, there was a short and soft knock on the door right before my mother wheeled in a very excited Victoria. She had a yellow scarf around her head, and shopping bags in her lap. Behind her came Nickhun, Bambam and Mina, each of them holding balloons, flowers and cards.

"Oh my God, he's so cute!" Victoria squealed, trying her best to keep her voice down while bouncing out of her seat. "Cancer survivor calls dibs after grandpapa!"

"Victoria! I called it already, I'm his first uncle." Bambam scowled at her as a faint smile played on his lips.

"Cancer beats uncle." Victoria stuck her tongue out at him. "Doesn't it, Jen?"

Jen giggled—actually giggled, nodding for her to go next.

"Only six hours old and he's the most mature person in the room," my mother stated, kissing his little feet before coming over to us. I wasn't sure if I liked the fact that all of them were here, hovering over my son. In all honesty, I just wanted it to be my wife, my son and myself for now. Guessing what I must have been thinking, Jen took my hand, and squeezed tightly before letting go.

"Congrats, Lisa, he already looks like a hell raiser." Nickhun laughed, pulling me into a quick hug.

"If he's anything like how we used to be, I may end up with more gray hairs than Mom and Dad."

"I don't have gray hair, Lisa."

"Of course, Mother," Nickhun and I said at the same time, which only made us both laugh and grip hands again.

Yeah, I was going to be in for it, but I had no doubt that it would be worth it.

"May I say Jen, you look beautiful." Bambam smiled, handing her a bundle of yellow roses.

"You may, even though I know you're lying," she replied, taking the flowers from him. "Thank you, Bambam. They smell great."

"Look at this, I turn my back for one moment, and he's charming my wife immediately after she gave birth to my child," I joked as he reached out to shake my hand. I pulled him in, giving him the same hug I gave Nickhun.