Chapter 16

"Handsome and brilliantly rich;

Their fatal flaw is murder."

—Abigail Gibbs

BAMBAM

If you had told me a year ago that I would be watching my wife drill into a man's spine, I would have laughed in your face. Mina was not a killer. Mina didn't want to kill, but apparently she was into torture.

"You laughed." She sneered over the buzz of her drill. The pig screamed loudly, and as he tried to crawl away from her, his voice, like his bones, was cracking. "I told you to stop! I begged you to stop, and you laughed!"

The blood that splattered all over her face made me grateful that I had thought to get her a mask and goggles. She looked like a wild butcher. She looked liked a monster. She looked fucking sexy.

She snapped up, staring at me. "Why did you stop?"

Why did I stop? I thought, looking at the blood that dripped from the head of my drill.

"It's your kill, babe," I told her, taking a seat against the wall. I felt the blood lust; that Manoban blood lust that begged for me to finish him off, to cut his head off and drill into his eyes. It was that blood lust that drove my father and Lisa. It was in our DNA. Manobans and blood went hand in hand. If we weren't in the mafia, we would all probably be serial killers.

Mina stared at me, pulling her drill from his spine causing a sickening pop to echo around the room. Placing it on the ground, she walked over to me, and took a seat by my side, where she belonged.

"Is it always like this?" she asked, as she rested her head on my shoulder. Harvey wasn't moving. He may have been dead. From what I could tell he had seventy-nine drill holes starting from his ankle to his shoulder blades. I did my best to keep her from his neck and head; he shouldn't die that quickly.

"Like what?"

She sighed, pulling the mask from her face. "I don't know. Is it always this easy? This simple. Just kill and not regret it? There he is, the man who caused me so much pain and enjoyed every moment. It was easy. It was so easy to kill him. But I hated him. Is it always this easy?"

I thought about it and nodded. "Yes. After your first kill it becomes easier and easier until it's second nature. There is a line in the world. There are those who can be fucked with, and there are those who cannot be. If people knew their place, then the world would be safer. I just think of it as regulating."

She didn't say anything and I wasn't sure how to take that. This was the part of me that I did my best to hide from her. The Manoban blood, the part of me that thought it was okay to cut out men's tongues if they spoke badly about our family. Yet here we were, watching her rapist bleed out. Lisa would want this room cleaned and re-cemented to hide all the blood.

MINA

I felt nothing but relief and that was so odd to me. I expected anger, pain, guilt—any emotion at all, but nothing else came. Was it really so easy to kill people? Or was it because I knew they were evil. With them gone, I felt no need to ever walk down this road again...so what kept Jennie and Lisa going?

"Can we go?" I asked Bambam. "He's dead. Can we go? I just want a shower."

He nodded, reaching behind his back before handing me a gun. "He's going to die anyway if he hasn't already, but just add the final nail."

Taking the handgun, I turned back to Harvey—my rapist. My monster. Standing, I walked over to his body, looking down at his head when he moved.

A dry sob broke through his lips, his whole body shook like mine shook after that night. He looked up at me covered in his own blood.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." He sobbed softly.

"No, you're not," I told him before firing into his skull.

Taking a deep breath, I almost jumped when Jen walked into the room clapping slowly.

On her face was a wicked smile. It was worse than how she used to glare at everyone. Her smiles were mocking smiles; like she knew something you didn't and she was going to use it against you.

"Welcome to the family." She smiled as Lisa appeared behind her, placing her hand on her waist.

She glanced around the room and shook her head before staring at Bambam, who stood up under his sister's gaze.

"We're going to Thailand," Lisa stated. "You and Mina will be staying here. Can I trust you to keep an eye on this while we're gone?"

I turned to Bambam. He loved Thailand. He wanted us to go there this summer, but King Lisa would not allow it. Now the ass was taking her wife. However, Bambam didn't look bothered, he looked at his sister with pride. I would never understand their relationship.

"Yes. I will look over everything. Nickhun told me something about the new prices and our new contact. I will watch over that and Senator Myoi," he replied.

Jen's eyes narrowed in on him. "We will be coming back so don't get used to siting on our throne."

"Of course not."

Here I was, standing in a room full of killers and I was one of them. I was a Manoban. God help whoever stood in this family's way.