Chapter 22

"Being powerful is like being a lady... if you have to tell people you are, you aren't."

—Margaret Thatcher

JENNIE

Drumming my fingers on the table, I scrolled through the polls appearing on my phone.

"I'm going to kill your brother, Lisa. I swear it." How hard was it to make people like you?

Taking my phone from me, she tucked it into her front pocket and leaned into her chair before flipping through her book. "Political polls don't mean shit. There's no point in worrying about it. Once we land, we'll fix this, seeing as how my brother can't find his balls."

"He quoted Shakespeare earlier this morning." Nickhun laughed, buttering his toast in the aisle over.

"Seriously?" Victoria grinned, stealing his breakfast before he had a chance to reap the spoils of his work.

"Can you all stop acting as if my son is brain-dead? Bambam's talents are far greater than his flaws." Evelyn frowned, as she drank her coffee. Marco said nothing as he adjusted his glasses and continued to read through the paper.

"Of course, mother..."

"Anyway!" I snapped, trying to get back on topic. "I told him to even the playing field, and yet, here we are, buried under a mountain of shit. This stupid bitch should be grieving over her husband, not running in his place! No one reacts to assassinations correctly anymore."

Laughing, Lisa shook her head at me, but before she could speak, Jinx's voice came through the intercom, "Sir, Ma'am, we will be arriving at Chicago International Airport in ten."

Sighing, I leaned back to buckle my seatbelt. Looking down, I found my stomach hanging over my waist.

When had I gotten so big?

Glancing up, I noticed not only Lisa, but Victoria and Evelyn staring at it too.

"Nickhun, did you contact Roy about the sno-cones?" I asked, trying not to bring any more attention to my stomach.

"Sno-cones?" Marco asked, folding his paper down to stare at us. "How much?"

"Eight mil," I answered. "It's a lot, but we want to make sure it's pure."

"If it is, where did a low level dealer like Roy get pure cocaine?" Lisa asked, staring me in the eye.

I read them for a moment, tensing as I got what she was implying. "You think it's a setup."

"How often do you come across pure smack like he's selling?" She had a point.

Cracking my neck, I thought about that for a moment. "I warned him the night we took out Chuck."

"Sadly, stupidity is a force to be reckoned with."

"Do you trust him?" Victoria asked, almost too innocently.

"I trust no one." Pausing, I stared at Lisa. "I trust no one, but the family. What should we do?"

"Nickhun and I will go," Marco stated as the plane began its descent.

"And I'll wait nearby to watch." Because if Roy was stupid enough to set us up only weeks after I had warned him, I wanted to kill him myself.

"Too many family members in one place. If this is a setup, the police will be there," Nickhun added, apparently pissed off already.

"The President was just assassinated," Evelyn reminded us, holding onto her seat as the tires met the strip below us. "Do you really think they would do a sting operation now?"